Should BHS & SAI or any other group combine?

  • dlcrandall2
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009
      I do not think that BHS, SAI or any other group should combine - that would be a very complicated and possibly very expensive proposition. However, they should be willing to work side by side as collaborative partners. All the groups discussed have strengths and weaknessess and are working toward common goals. One is not superior to another. As collaborative organizations they could have joint activities that fit within their 501 c 3 status. Where I get frustrated is when I see one organization or another re-creating the wheel. If they worked together and perhaps had a joint task-force and shared ideas some of these discussions would not be necessary!

      One simple example is SAI or BHS allowing someone to pay the member price for international - if they were in an affiliate membership. They could dictate which memberships would qualify and the member would need to provide proof of membership.

      Deena Crandall
      Lead, Pride of Portland Chorus
      SAI Region 24
      BHS Associate