RE: [bbshop] Re: Unification - an Idea Whose Time Has Come

  • John Hosie
    Message 1 of 60 , Aug 31, 2009
      No problem. I was only pointing out that there is a very valid rationale for merging the groups that would save both a fair amount of money. If people don't want to do it, that is fine.

      On the other hand, how questions are asked in a poll can make a huge difference in the response. If presented as just a management change at a high level with little or no change at a chapter level it might get a significantly different answer than if you just ask if merging the two groups is a good idea. We learned this with the press handling polling issues about the Clinton administration. And the same held true through the Bush administration.

      Sincerely,
      John W. Hosie III
      (301) 509 1089

      From: Djbqpa@...
      Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:03:57 -0400
      Subject: Re: [bbshop] Re: Unification - an Idea Whose Time Has Come
      To: Jcgordonjr@...; john_hosie@...; bbshop@yahoogroups.com

      In a message dated 8/31/09 10:08:03 AM, Jcgordonjr@... writes:

      "I would be very surprised if SAI considered this idea to be attractive.
      If they don't, it is very understandable!"

      - - - - - - - - - -

      That's what I said last week. In a silent poll among my SAI friends
      around the country not ONE agreed it would be a good idea.

      Dick Johnson
      Great Falls, MT

      Message 60 of 60 , Sep 4, 2009
        In a message dated 9/3/09 4:36:20 PM, Bjaardker@... writes:

        > I'm not saying that unification is the best road to go down, or the
        > easiest, but as the sky darkens for the BHS, it may be the only road we have.

        Usually, the sky 'darkens' because someone has clouded the issues!

        Dick Johnson
        Great Falls, MT