Re: [bbshop] Re: Unification - an Idea Whose Time Has Come to go down too?

  • rweaver912@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2009
      Then why take the ladies down with the Titanic?
      Ron W

      In a message dated 8/29/2009 4:05:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      sagez@... writes:

      Sorry guys....?? it IS broke.

      BHS is?hemorrhaging staff and members.

      The BHS general fund is drying up.

      Is this?a "forest for the trees" problem??

      How can we know it won't work if we won't even consider the possibility?

      I applaud Brent's proposal,?and hope the sharing of common services for a
      common cause will be explored.

      George Davidson

      H) _sagez@..._ (mailto:sagez@...)

      ##############
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2009
        I believe that, sooner or later, the BHS will figure out why they have been in decline. It could be that they've turned the corner already. I don't know. It does seem, though, that to be the "Barbershop Harmony Society" they might want to embrace all those who pursue that musical style.

        I think that Shelley got one thing right (maybe more). The glory days were about comraderie. I don't think you can get that from merged chapters (men and women). It is a different dynamic. But the marketing of the organiation, the conferences/contests, training, etc, all are things that could be covered by a common staff - at HQ, district, and/or regional level.

        Sincerely,
        John W. Hosie III
        (301) 509 1089

        From: RWEAVER912@...