Who's in 1st?

  • Steve Bangham
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2009
      State Line Grocery, Crossroads or Old School?

      Steve Bangham (Big fan of Chameleon)

      Sent from my iPhone

      http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com
    • Justin Deweese

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2009
          Only the judges know... but I would say it is as tight as a bunch of sardines still packed in the can.

          Lynn Trapp

          ________________________________
          State Line Grocery, Crossroads or Old School?

          Steve Bangham (Big fan of Chameleon)

          Sent from my iPhone

        • Bob Caldwell
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2009
            --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Steve Bangham <steve.bangham@...> wrote:

            > Re: Who's in 1st?
            > State Line Grocery, Crossroads or Old School?

            I have it on my card after 1st round:
            Crossroad, Old School <--- a toss up
            State Line, Storm Front, Glory Days, Masterpiece.

            Harmony-us-ly, BobCaldwell
          • colin
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2, 2009
              crossroads, crossroads, crossroads!

              > Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now
              > http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com

            • Jeremy Reynolds
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2, 2009
                And what about Ringmasters. I don't think I've ever heard an affiliate
                quartet that sang that well!

                Jeremy Reynolds

                _____

                State Line Grocery, Crossroads or Old School?

                Steve Bangham (Big fan of Chameleon)

                Sent from my iPhone

                favourite sites. Download it now
                http://ca.toolbar <http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com> yahoo.com.

              • Alexander Boltenko
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2009
                  ...and the songs they were singing! Definitely medal quality!

                  On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Jeremy Reynolds <bbs10r@...>wrote:

                  > And what about Ringmasters. I don't think I've ever heard an affiliate
                  > quartet that sang that well!
                  >
                  > Jeremy Reynolds
                  >
                  > _____

                  Alexander Boltenko
                  Kalamazoo Barbershop Harmony Society
                  aboltenko@...
                  http://barbershopharmony.org
                  cell 269-501-SING
                  "Barbershop quartet singing is four guys tasting the holy essence of four
                  individual mechanisms coming into complete agreement."
                  (Meredith Willson)

                • Chris Slacke
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2, 2009
                    --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy Reynolds" <bbs10r@...> wrote:

                    > And what about Ringmasters. I don't think I've ever heard an affiliate
                    > quartet that sang that well!
                    >

                    > Jeremy Reynolds

                    I think Ringmasters, if they can produce two more sets
                    at the level of last night's set, will be the surprise
                    of the competition. I have them in 7th. And if I know
                    the Harrington's, RMs best stuff is yet to come. How
                    about 7th, 5th, 5th for the three rounds?

                    All the shoe-ins did nicely, but nothing too exciting yet.

                    Didn't Ev do a great job on the pre-show interview! Great
                    job, big man!

                    Chris Slacke
                  • Tom Schleier
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 2, 2009
                      I think that Ringmasters got the quickest standing O, and got it for both songs.
                      I couldn't even remain seated until the last chord was released.

                      I was unable to attend the first session, but the second session was worth the price of the convention registration...and there is more wonderfulness to come.

                      My biggest disappointment in that session will be kept to myself, because there were so many positives!

                      I liked Old School's set.

                      Tom Schleier
                      SB Coastliners