Re: [bbshop] Be Still My Heart - Today was a Good Day

  • djspebs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
      In a message dated 8/1/01 8:48:32 PM, showglowjoe@... writes:

      << Well, to the members of the Harmonet, let me conclude by saying maybe I
      took a slight liberty in topic here, but remember that I did say the word
      "Barber Shop" many times, even if there is a space in the middle. >>

      -----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----

      Joe, et alia:

      If he has a phonograph in his collection, maybe you can get him
      to play some good BBShop (Buffalo Bills, etc.) type for all.

      The PERFECT touch!

      Dick Johnson
      Great Falls, MT
    • Joe De Felice
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
        Ron et al (the bari)

        That address is 1800 Route 33 Hamilton, NJ 08690 (Mercer County)
        He works by appointment only Phone 609-584-2600.

        Forgot to mention a bunch of things, but he has a collection of Barber
        Poles in restored authenticity, including working order where that type.

        Another unmentioned in my post is a "Barber Shop" clock with complete
        reverse facing and operation... made for Barber and patron to view in the
        mirror in front of the chair. Histoire and smart. This man is a guest on
        the PBS Antiques Road Show and serves them as an expert in collectibles
        such as he has.

        Joe De Felice

      • Joe De Felice
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
          Tina et al(-ice, the female bari).... ;-)

          Yes, he does include BBshop music among his memorabilia, and he also has
          framed copies of original sheet music referring to Barber Shop Songs...
          most notable as I recall was "Mr. Jefferson Lord, Play that Barbershop
          Chord". I intend to add to his collection.

          Oddly, when I asked why he wasn't playing any BBshop music, he said
          "Unfortunately, it is not universally accepted or familiar, and Jazz was
          the safer music to play". I will work on him too, but he's knows his
          customers.

          Joe