Songs For Mother's Day 2009. May 10

  • Casey Parker
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2009
      5/5/09
      To: HARMONETTE, SPEBnet,AHSOWnet
      Songs For Mother's Day 2009. May 10
      M-O-T-H-E-R (A Word That Means The World To Me)
      1915 Johnson/Morse

      I've been around the world, you bet, but never went to school
      Hard knocks are all I seem to get, perhaps I've been a fool;
      But still, some educated folks, supposed to be so swell,
      Would fail if they were called upon a simple word to spell.
      Now if you'd like to put me to the test,
      There's one dear name that I can spell the best!

      "M" is for the million things she gave me
      "O" means only that she's growing old
      "T" is for the tears she shed to save me
      "H" is for her heart of purest gold
      "E" is for her eyes with love-light shining
      "R" means right and right she'll always be
      Put them all together they spell MOTHER, a word that means the world to me.

      When I was but a baby, long before I learned to walk,
      While lying in my cradle, I would try my best to talk;
      It wasn't long before I spoke and all the neighbors heard,
      My folks were very proud of me for "Mother" was the word.
      Although I'll never lay a claim to fame,
      I'm satisfied that I can spell the name:

      "M" is for the mercy she possesses
      "O" means that I owe her all I own
      "T" is for her tender, sweet caresses
      "H" is for her hands that made a home
      "E" means ev'rything she's done to help me
      "R" means real and regular, you see
      Put them all together they spell MOTHER, a word that means the world to me.

      A song for Mother's Day 2009

      Another Friendly Service of HARMONY ARCHIVES

      Casey Parker
      Harmony Archivist, H.A.
      --------------more titles-------------
      MOTHER

      Baby Shoes Baby Your Mother Daddy, You've Been A Mother To Me Don't Go In The Lion's Cage Tonight Don't Leave Me, Mammy Got My Thumb Out Grandmother's Love Letters Hand That Rocked My Cradle Rules My Heart I Miss Mother Most Of All I Used To Call Her Baby I Wish All My Children Were Babies Again I Wouldn't Trade The Silver In My Mother's Hair I'd Love To Fall Asleep And Wake Up In My Mammy's Arms If I'm Not At The Roll-Call If The Rest Of The World Don't Want You If You Had All the World And Its Gold I'm In Love With The Mother Of My Best Girl Ma! Mammy O' Mine M-O-T-H-E-R Mother Machree Mother Of Mine Mother Was A Lady My Mammy My Mother's Rosary No One Loves You Any Better Than Your M-A Double M-Y Old Spinning Wheel Pal Of My Cradle Days Red Hot Mamma Rock Me To Sleep In An Old Rocking Chair Sing Me That Song Again Smilin' Through So Long, Mother That Old Fashioned Mother Of Mine That Old Irish Mother Of Mine That Wonderful Mother Of Mine That's An Irish Lullaby
    • Leaderman
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2009
        Gee, I can't believe you forgot to mention "Never Throw A Lighted Lamp
        At Mother," a song that's sure to bring a tear to your eye!

        --
        Sing-cerely & Humm-bly,

        John Elving
        VP Mus. & Perf.
        Editor-in-Cheap, First Place 2008 Online Bulletin
        Shrine of Democracy Chorus
        2007 & 2008 BOTY
        RMD CDD VP
        PROBE VP- Bulletin Editors
        Outstanding In Front - Certified Trainer
        Certified Standing Ovation Trainer & Reviewer
        Rapid City, SD
        Email: leaderman@...

        Casey Parker wrote:
        > 5/5/09
        > To: HARMONETTE, SPEBnet,AHSOWnet
        > Songs For Mother's Day 2009. May 10
        > M-O-T-H-E-R (A Word That Means The World To Me)
        > 1915 Johnson/Morse
        >
        > Baby Shoes Baby Your Mother Daddy, You've Been A Mother To Me Don't Go In The Lion's Cage Tonight Don't Leave Me, Mammy Got My Thumb Out Grandmother's Love Letters Hand That Rocked My Cradle Rules My Heart I Miss Mother Most Of All I Used To Call Her Baby I Wish All My Children Were Babies Again I Wouldn't Trade The Silver In My Mother's Hair I'd Love To Fall Asleep And Wake Up In My Mammy's Arms If I'm Not At The Roll-Call If The Rest Of The World Don't Want You If You Had All the World And Its Gold I'm In Love With The Mother Of My Best Girl Ma! Mammy O' Mine M-O-T-H-E-R Mother Machree Mother Of Mine Mother Was A Lady My Mammy My Mother's Rosary No One Loves You Any Better Than Your M-A Double M-Y Old Spinning Wheel Pal Of My Cradle Days Red Hot Mamma Rock Me To Sleep In An Old Rocking Chair Sing Me That Song Again Smilin' Through So Long, Mother That Old Fashioned Mother Of Mine That Old Irish Mother Of Mine That Wonderful Mother Of Mine That's An Irish Lullaby

      • Brian Gordon
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2009
          On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 01:41:54PM -0600, Leaderman wrote:
          > Gee, I can't believe you forgot to mention "Never Throw A Lighted Lamp
          > At Mother," a song that's sure to bring a tear to your eye!

          Or "Be Kind to Your Father on Mother's Day"

          --
          +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
          | Brian Gordon -->briang@...<-- brian dot gordon at cox dot net |
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2009
            Or "Never Hit Your Mother with a Shovel; It Leaves a Dull Impression on her
            Mind"
            Nancy Foris (Nasty FourEyes)
            Harmony, Inc. Life Member
            BHS Associate Member

            Email: leaderman@earthlink <mailto:leaderman%40earthlink.net> .net

            Casey Parker wrote:
            > 5/5/09
            > To: HARMONETTE, SPEBnet,AHSOWnet
            > Songs For Mother's Day 2009. May 10
            > M-O-T-H-E-R (A Word That Means The World To Me)
            > 1915 Johnson/Morse
            >
            > Baby Shoes Baby Your Mother Daddy, You've Been A Mother To Me Don't Go In
            The Lion's Cage Tonight Don't Leave Me, Mammy Got My Thumb Out Grandmother's
            Love Letters Hand That Rocked My Cradle Rules My Heart I Miss Mother Most Of
            All I Used To Call Her Baby I Wish All My Children Were Babies Again I
            Wouldn't Trade The Silver In My Mother's Hair I'd Love To Fall Asleep And
            Wake Up In My Mammy's Arms If I'm Not At The Roll-Call If The Rest Of The
            World Don't Want You If You Had All the World And Its Gold I'm In Love With
            The Mother Of My Best Girl Ma! Mammy O' Mine M-O-T-H-E-R Mother Machree
            Mother Of Mine Mother Was A Lady My Mammy My Mother's Rosary No One Loves
            You Any Better Than Your M-A Double M-Y Old Spinning Wheel Pal Of My Cradle
            Days Red Hot Mamma Rock Me To Sleep In An Old Rocking Chair Sing Me That
            Song Again Smilin' Through So Long, Mother That Old Fashioned Mother Of Mine
            That Old Irish Mother Of Mine That Wonderful Mother Of Mine That's An Irish
            Lullaby

            13:07:00

          • Casey Parker
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2009
              5/5/09

              Or, Roll The Patrol Closer To The Curb, Grandmother Can't Step That High

              At 12:41 PM 5/5/09, Leaderman wrote:
              >Gee, I can't believe you forgot to mention "Never Throw A Lighted Lamp At Mother," a song that's sure to bring a tear to your eye!
              >
              >--
              >Sing-cerely & Humm-bly,
              >
              >John Elving
              >VP Mus. & Perf.
              >Editor-in-Cheap, First Place 2008 Online Bulletin
              >Shrine of Democracy Chorus
              >2007 & 2008 BOTY
              >RMD CDD VP
              >PROBE VP- Bulletin Editors
              >Outstanding In Front - Certified Trainer
              >Certified Standing Ovation Trainer & Reviewer
              >Rapid City, SD
              >Email: leaderman@...
              >

              >Casey Parker wrote:
              >>5/5/09
              >>To: HARMONETTE, SPEBnet,AHSOWnet
              >>Songs For Mother's Day 2009. May 10
              >>M-O-T-H-E-R (A Word That Means The World To Me) 1915 Johnson/Morse
              >>
              >>Baby Shoes Baby Your Mother Daddy, You've Been A Mother To Me Don't Go In The Lion's Cage Tonight Don't Leave Me, Mammy Got My Thumb Out Grandmother's Love Letters Hand That Rocked My Cradle Rules My Heart I Miss Mother Most Of All I Used To Call Her Baby I Wish All My Children Were Babies Again I Wouldn't Trade The Silver In My Mother's Hair I'd Love To Fall Asleep And Wake Up In My Mammy's Arms If I'm Not At The Roll-Call If The Rest Of The World Don't Want You If You Had All the World And Its Gold I'm In Love With The Mother Of My Best Girl Ma! Mammy O' Mine M-O-T-H-E-R Mother Machree Mother Of Mine Mother Was A Lady My Mammy My Mother's Rosary No One Loves You Any Better Than Your M-A Double M-Y Old Spinning Wheel Pal Of My Cradle Days Red Hot Mamma Rock Me To Sleep In An Old Rocking Chair Sing Me That Song Again Smilin' Through So Long, Mother That Old Fashioned Mother Of Mine That Old Irish Mother Of Mine That Wonderful Mother Of Mine That's An Irish Lullaby

            • Bill Kruse
              Message 6 of 6 , May 5, 2009
                How about, Grandma Got Run Over By A Rheindeer!

                Bill Kruse, District Delegate
                Westchester Chordsmen
                Freshmen Again!
                It's Great To Be A Barbershopper

                Or, Roll The Patrol Closer To The Curb, Grandmother Can't Step That High

                At 12:41 PM 5/5/09, Leaderman wrote:
                >Gee, I can't believe you forgot to mention "Never Throw A Lighted
                Lamp At Mother," a song that's sure to bring a tear to your eye!

                >--
                >Sing-cerely & Humm-bly,
                >
                >John Elving
                >VP Mus. & Perf.
                >Editor-in-Cheap, First Place 2008 Online Bulletin
                >Shrine of Democracy Chorus
                >2007 & 2008 BOTY
                >RMD CDD VP
                >PROBE VP- Bulletin Editors
                >Outstanding In Front - Certified Trainer
                >Certified Standing Ovation Trainer & Reviewer
                >Rapid City, SD
                >Email: leaderman@...
                >

                >Casey Parker wrote:
                >>5/5/09
                >>To: HARMONETTE, SPEBnet,AHSOWnet
                >>Songs For Mother's Day 2009. May 10
                >>M-O-T-H-E-R (A Word That Means The World To Me) 1915 Johnson/Morse
                >>
                >>Baby Shoes Baby Your Mother Daddy, You've Been A Mother To Me
                Don't Go In The Lion's Cage Tonight Don't Leave Me, Mammy Got My
                Thumb Out Grandmother's Love Letters Hand That Rocked My Cradle Rules My
                Heart I Miss Mother Most Of All I Used To Call Her Baby I Wish All My Children
                Were Babies Again I Wouldn't Trade The Silver In My Mother's Hair
                I'd Love To Fall Asleep And Wake Up In My Mammy's Arms If I'm Not At
                The Roll-Call If The Rest Of The World Don't Want You If You Had All the
                World And Its Gold I'm In Love With The Mother Of My Best Girl Ma! Mammy
                O' Mine M-O-T-H-E-R Mother Machree Mother Of Mine Mother Was A Lady My Mammy
                My Mother's Rosary No One Loves You Any Better Than Your M-A Double M-Y Old
                Spinning Wheel Pal Of My Cradle Days Red Hot Mamma Rock Me To Sleep In An Old
                Rocking Chair Sing Me That Song Again Smilin' Through So Long, Mother That
                Old Fashioned Mother Of Mine That Old Irish Mother Of Mine That Wonderful Mother
                Of Mine That's An Irish Lullaby

                270.12.19/2099 - Release Date: 05/05/09 13:07:00