Call For Papers - June 2009 GUBOQS Gazette

  • Casey Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009
      5/1/09

      Call For Papers - June 2009 GUBOQS Gazette

      To: Harmonetters,SPEBnet,AHSOWnet,BQPA;
      Cc:Mark Sheldon, BarbershopQuartet,FWD
      Bcc: Distr LS.Authors

      This is the call for papers for the June 2009 issue of the GUBOQS
      Gazette*, an independent pro-quartet publication. We publish success
      stories describing regular quartet encouragement sessions held during
      chapter meetings. We seek creative ideas which influence SPEBSQSA
      members to try quartetting.

      Do your quartet sessions give every member an opportunity to sing
      with three others at every meeting? Email me a one page article
      describing your program. The target date for your article is two
      weeks from today.

      Thank you,

      Casey Parker
      Editor
      GUBOQS Gazette
      mailto:caseypar@...

      *PS - Subscriptions ($12 via US mail) are available from:
      C. Parker, Editor
      305 Vineyard Twn. Ctr. #113
      Morgan Hill, CA 95037

      1. Send the following email: [click the blue]

      mailto:SPEBnet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      2. In the Yahoo! reply, use this method to subscribe:

      "(1) Go to the Yahoo! Groups site by clicking on the blue link: "

      3. DO NOT USE THE 'REPLY' METHOD!

      4. In the "comment to owner" block, enter your
      real name and SPEBSQSA member number.

      5. Complete the form & click "Join" at the end.
      You will receive a confirming email.
      Thank you for your cooperation.

      Casey Parker
      SPEBnet Moderator

      PS - If you are not now a member of
      any Yahoo! group, please first join Yahoo! at.
      -------------------------------------------last issue-------------------
      The GUBOQS Gazette
      An occasional publication of the GUBOQS Group
      (Get Us Back Our QUARTET Society, formerly GUBOS)
      Volume 20, Issue
      3
      March 2009
      Dedicated to the interchange of ideas on restoring quartetting to spebsQsa
      Table of Contents
      KEEPING THE DREAM ALIVE by Tom Wheatley
      TOGETHER IN HARMONY by Tom Neal
      APPLY FOR THE ATLANTIC HARMONY BRIGADE NOW! by Neal Siegal
      GOOD SINGING HABITS by Dan Dekowski
      MEMBERSHIP TASK FORCE by Bill Biffle
      SINGING VALENTINES by Jack Martin
      BARBERSHOP QUARTET PRESERVATION ASSOCIATION MEETS by Rex Touslee

      QUARTET CHAPTER DEMONSTRATION AT ANAHEIM
      by Mark Sheldon
      The GUBOQS Gazette
      C. Parker, Editor
      305 Vineyard Town Ctr #113
      Morgan Hill, CA 95037
      RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED

      MUSIC AVAILABLE FOR A SONG
      NEW -Harmony Song Index- 8,560 Song Titles with, Composer & Year,
      My Harmony Archive has 6,000 arrangements and 10,000 harmony type
      piano-vocals. The Harmony Archive has available
      four-part songbooks and Harmony Guides for sale. Did you know that
      pre-1923 songs are Public Domain, hence have no royalties or
      fees? Sheet Music prior to 1923 often included four part
      arrangements. We have 200.
      From the Society Code of Ethics: "...The Society aspires to preserve
      for its members and for all future generations of prospective members
      the sacred right of men to seek haven from the burden of their daily
      cares through indulgence in old fashioned vocal quartet harmony....."
      HELP FOUND: Mark Sheldon ASSOCIATE EDITOR. Award winning Orange
      Bulletin Editor He will edit and write articles on Quartetting, & Editorials.
      Email an article <caseypar@...>or <oqcmark@...>
      Founders: Jack Baird, Charlie Johnson, Mark Lubart, John Mill, Max
      Minor (deceased), Dave Mohr, Tom Neal, Joe Shekleton, Fred Storck, Dick Stuart.