Subway "Five Dollar, Foot Long"

  • willhamblet
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
      Hard to believe, but I couldn't find this subject using the Search Engine, so I guess no one's brought it up yet.

      Just who is the quartet that sings this snippet in Subway's latest ad?? Given the crossover (scissors) seventh utilized, it sounds like a real (albeit dated) Barbershop group!!

      Will
    • Jim Adams
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
        Is it anywhere on YouTube?

        Hard to believe, but I couldn't find this subject using the Search Engine, so I guess no one's brought it up yet.

        Just who is the quartet that sings this snippet in Subway's latest ad?? Given the crossover (scissors) seventh utilized, it sounds like a real (albeit dated) Barbershop group!!

        Will

      • Heather Lewis
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
          http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/auditions/ Under "Barber Shop", you'll find Charlie Metzger's quartet.

          Yours in Harmony,

          Heather Lewis, West Island Chorus, SAI (www.westislandchorus.com)

          To: willhamblet@...; bbshop@yahoogroups.com
          From: Jim.Adams@...
          Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:22:52 -0400
          Subject: RE: [bbshop] Subway "Five Dollar, Foot Long"

          Is it anywhere on YouTube?

          Hard to believe, but I couldn't find this subject using the Search Engine, so I guess no one's brought it up yet.

          Just who is the quartet that sings this snippet in Subway's latest ad?? Given the crossover (scissors) seventh utilized, it sounds like a real (albeit dated) Barbershop group!!

          Will

        • jburri62
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
            By name, the quartet is ...

            Antique Gold, our 2006 International Senior Quartet Champion.

            John Burri
            Antique Gold Fan
            Charlie Metzger disciple