Re: Here's Love & Success to You

  • Toban Dvoretzky
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
      The outpouring of wishes is overwhelming! Sincere and humble thanks. I
      intend to respond to everyone individually, and it will take time, so
      please be patient.

      In answer to two recurring questions:

      1. The song "Here's Love and Success to You" was written in 1911 (lyrics,
      Geo. Graff, Jr.; music, Ernest R. Ball). A direct link to the sheet music
      is:

      http://digital.library.ucla.edu/apam/librarian?ITEMID=WIBBBM

      Or, go to www.dogpile.com and type the song title into the search-box.

      2. Yes, donations to AHSOW can be made. In the U.S., they qualify as
      charitable contributions, which may favor your tax situation. Checks can
      be made payable to Ancient Harmonious Society of Woodshedders, Inc. (or
      simply to AHSOW) and mailed to:

      Rod Sparks, AHSOW Treasurer
      1306 Berrywood Lane
      Houston, TX 77077-2906.

      AHSOW is an educational, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.

      Toban Dvoretzky
      toban.77014 [at] windstream [dot] net
    • rweaver912@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
        Toban,
        I hope you can find a new direction for your skills and efforts. There are
        many thinks out there that can use your talents. I suggest you contact your
        local high school and ask if the music teacher could use some help, a offer to
        be a substitute music teacher in your system, or volunteer as a Choral
        Clinician.
        Keep a tune in your head, and a song in your heart.
        Ron W
        **************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433304x1201394525/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
        eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540718%3B35046385%3Be)

      • Marty Israel
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
          Hi Netters!

          Would someone from the North Carolina Harmony Brigade please e-mail me privately with the name of the second song you performed at the Chorus Contest of the Dixie District Prelims that took place a couple of weekends ago in Winston-Salem NC? Any other info, such as the arranger, would be appreciated, as well.

          Thank you so much!!!!

          Canto ergo sum

          Marty Israel