Re: Here's Love & Success to You

  • Tom Emmert
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
      Godspeed T-Bone!

      In your new endeavors, your eloquence and kindly manner will serve you well - but don't forget your friends in BBS7th land.

      Tom in Cincy

      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Toban Dvoretzky <toban.77014@...> wrote:

      > Friends:
      >
      > I distinctly remember, as a very new Harmonetter in 1997 or 1998, when Herb
      > Bayles (he of the "wind chimes" topic, PROBE, and more) announced that he
      > was leaving Barbershopping and moving on in life. Although his
      > announcement seemed sudden, it favorably impressed me as a courteous way of
      > saying "so long."
      >
      > Since then, I have considered it rather "unfair" when people have simply
      > faded away, without our knowing what happened with them and why.
      > Accordingly, this message is presented as a courtesy, to let you know that
      > I am allowing my Society membership to expire naturally as of today, 31
      > March 2009.

    • Toban Dvoretzky
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
        The outpouring of wishes is overwhelming! Sincere and humble thanks. I
        intend to respond to everyone individually, and it will take time, so
        please be patient.

        In answer to two recurring questions:

        1. The song "Here's Love and Success to You" was written in 1911 (lyrics,
        Geo. Graff, Jr.; music, Ernest R. Ball). A direct link to the sheet music
        is:

        http://digital.library.ucla.edu/apam/librarian?ITEMID=WIBBBM

        Or, go to www.dogpile.com and type the song title into the search-box.

        2. Yes, donations to AHSOW can be made. In the U.S., they qualify as
        charitable contributions, which may favor your tax situation. Checks can
        be made payable to Ancient Harmonious Society of Woodshedders, Inc. (or
        simply to AHSOW) and mailed to:

        Rod Sparks, AHSOW Treasurer
        1306 Berrywood Lane
        Houston, TX 77077-2906.

        AHSOW is an educational, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.

        Toban Dvoretzky
        toban.77014 [at] windstream [dot] net
      • rweaver912@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
          Toban,
          I hope you can find a new direction for your skills and efforts. There are
          many thinks out there that can use your talents. I suggest you contact your
          local high school and ask if the music teacher could use some help, a offer to
          be a substitute music teacher in your system, or volunteer as a Choral
          Clinician.
          Keep a tune in your head, and a song in your heart.
          Ron W
          **************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
          (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433304x1201394525/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
          eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540718%3B35046385%3Be)

        • Marty Israel
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
            Hi Netters!

            Would someone from the North Carolina Harmony Brigade please e-mail me privately with the name of the second song you performed at the Chorus Contest of the Dixie District Prelims that took place a couple of weekends ago in Winston-Salem NC? Any other info, such as the arranger, would be appreciated, as well.

            Thank you so much!!!!

            Canto ergo sum

            Marty Israel