Goodbye from Rick

  • Richard Taylor
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 26, 2009
      Hi all,

      I don't usually post to The Harmonet (it's just too scary for me ;-) ), but I wanted to let you
      all know and I figured this would be the best way to let you know what's going on. So here
      goes....

      It is with a very heavy heart that I bring this news to you. Over the past several months,
      some issues arose in our quartet that, though we tried, we were not able to work through
      or resolve. Unfortunately, it became necessary for me to step aside as tenor of Old School.

      I want to thank all of you for your support, my quartet mates for the opportunity and for
      the ride. I only wish it could have been a lot longer.

      I already miss my Schoolmates very much and wish each of them the best of luck.

      Rick Taylor
    • Tim Buell
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 26, 2009
        This is sad news. You will be missed.

        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Taylor" <rtaylor188@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I don't usually post to The Harmonet (it's just too scary for me ;-)
        ), but I wanted to let you
        > all know and I figured this would be the best way to let you know
        what's going on. So here
        > goes....
        >
        > It is with a very heavy heart that I bring this news to you. Over
        the past several months,
        > some issues arose in our quartet that, though we tried, we were not
        able to work through
        > or resolve. Unfortunately, it became necessary for me to step aside
        as tenor of Old School.

        > I want to thank all of you for your support, my quartet mates for
        the opportunity and for
        > the ride. I only wish it could have been a lot longer.
        >
        > I already miss my Schoolmates very much and wish each of them the
        best of luck.

        > Rick Taylor

      • bostonshrimp
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 26, 2009
          Rick,

          Of all the friends, vocalists, barbershoppers and contributors to
          this hobby...you are sincerely loved by all who know you.

          Wherever your voice takes you, know that we are forever by your side.

          Most recently, you charmed and entertained us with your natural
          talent in Pasadena at the Midwinter with your Old School Quartet.

          I love ya, kiddo! Looking forward to seeing you in Anaheim.

          Hugs,
          Auntie Roz

          Rosalind Severs-Frizzell
          The Boston Shrimp

          (Fan of any quartet you've ever sung with)

          wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I don't usually post to The Harmonet (it's just too scary for me ;-
          ) ), but I wanted to let you
          > all know and I figured this would be the best way to let you know
          what's going on. So here
          > goes....
          >
          > It is with a very heavy heart that I bring this news to you. Over
          the past several months,
          > some issues arose in our quartet that, though we tried, we were not
          able to work through
          > or resolve. Unfortunately, it became necessary for me to step
          aside as tenor of Old School.

          > I want to thank all of you for your support, my quartet mates for
          the opportunity and for
          > the ride. I only wish it could have been a lot longer.
          >
          > I already miss my Schoolmates very much and wish each of them the
          best of luck.

          > Rick Taylor

        • Lynn Trapp
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 27, 2009
            Rick,

            We will all miss hearing you as a part of Old School. I wish you the very best and hope to see  you back in some other quartet soon.

            Good luck,
            Lynn Trapp
            Director, Siouxland Discovery Chorus
            Former Asst. Director, Sons of the Severn

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 27, 2009
              Rick and Old School,

              What a shock!!  I really loved that quartet.

              Bill Kruse, District Delegate
              Westchester Chordsmen
              Freshmen Again!
              It's Great To Be A Barbershopper

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 27, 2009
                Anyone know if Rick will be performing with Old School on upcoming shows?
                They're are the headliners for the Minneapolis Commodores on 3/21. Thanks

                Russ Born
                Minneapolis Commodores

[...]

                steps!
                %3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)

              • Michael
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 28, 2009
                  Our chapter quartet-booking man got a call from Joe last week, they
                  have another tenor. I know who it is but it's not my place to reveal
                  who... though you've heard the outstanding voice and name before.

                  Michael
                  Fremont Pathfinder Chorus
                  Webdude

                  --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Russborn@... wrote:

                  > Anyone know if Rick will be performing with Old School on upcoming
                  shows?
                  > They're are the headliners for the Minneapolis Commodores on 3/21.
                  Thanks

                  > Russ Born
                  > Minneapolis Commodores
                • Bruce Baedke
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 28, 2009
                    I also see that Old School has scratched from MAD prelims this coming
                    weekend:

                    http://www.harmonize.com/MAD/?Code=ConvOrder&DIV_ID=5

                    Are they planning on Prelims/International this year with their new
                    tenor??

                    Bruce Baedke <><
                    Bass - Pride of Iowa Chorus

                    --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <pathfinderwebmaster@...>