2009 International Youth Chorus Festival webcast archive is now available!

  • Adrian Leontovich
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
      Hello all-

      After an amazing weekend, the webcast of the International Youth Chorus
      festival is now available for your enjoyment!

      As an added bonus, I've edited out most of the longer silences between
      announcements and breaks so you can just go from one competitor to another!
      Since a few folks mentioned the live cast seemed to be low in volume, I've
      bumped it up a bit on the edited version.. ONLY the volume has been
      adjusted. Please note that the webcast archive will ONLY be available for
      one week!

      For a successful viewing of the webcast, you'll need to be sure you're
      running Windows Media Player version 11 on your PC, or Flip4Mac on your Mac.
      We hope to possibly stream this in Flash next year (like it is done for
      International) to help make the version and platform compatibility issue
      disappear!

      If you've already paid/donated to support the webcast, go directly to
      http://www.evg.org/webcast/login.asp (ignore the link on any previous
      emails). If you paid but have not received your password, there is a "Forgot
      password" link on the login page to have that sent to you.

      If you have not paid or donated yet, please visit this page to get started:
      http://www.evg.org/webcast

      Thanks to all who supported youth in barbershop for this event, and please,
      send this link out to everyone you know who might enjoy the show!

      Adrian-

    • Brooks
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
        I watched the webcast after the fact, as I could not watch on
        Saturday, and just wanted to say that it was a great experience and
        well worth the money!

        Thanks, Adrian! Great job!

        --Brooks Harkey

        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian Leontovich" <adrianle@...> wrote:

        > Hello all-
        >
        > After an amazing weekend, the webcast of the International Youth Chorus
        > festival is now available for your enjoyment!
        >
        > As an added bonus, I've edited out most of the longer silences between
        > announcements and breaks so you can just go from one competitor to
        another!
        > Since a few folks mentioned the live cast seemed to be low in
        volume, I've
        > bumped it up a bit on the edited version.. ONLY the volume has been
        > adjusted. Please note that the webcast archive will ONLY be
        available for
        > one week!
        >

        > For a successful viewing of the webcast, you'll need to be sure you're
        > running Windows Media Player version 11 on your PC, or Flip4Mac on
        your Mac.
        > We hope to possibly stream this in Flash next year (like it is done for
        > International) to help make the version and platform compatibility issue
        > disappear!
        >

        > If you've already paid/donated to support the webcast, go directly to
        > http://www.evg.org/webcast/login.asp (ignore the link on any previous
        > emails). If you paid but have not received your password, there is a
        "Forgot
        > password" link on the login page to have that sent to you.
        >

        > If you have not paid or donated yet, please visit this page to get
        started:
        > http://www.evg.org/webcast
        >

        > Thanks to all who supported youth in barbershop for this event, and
        please,
        > send this link out to everyone you know who might enjoy the show!
        >
        > Adrian-

      • Joel Rea
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2009
          How did you get it to work? I signed in, paid my money, and never got
          a password to log in with (and yes, I checked my Spam folders, both
          local and on the mail server).

          I tried to use their "Contact Us" form to ask why, and got an ASP
          error involving their SMTP server, or its connection with their IIS
          Web server, being misconfigured.

          I Emailed the EVG Webmaster, Marketing & P.R. guy, Events guy,
          Communications guy, and even the President, Secretary, and Treasurer
          for good measure. I got acknowledgment Email notices that all of those
          were delivered. I got not ONE reply back.

          And now the Webcast is about to expire, and I get diddly squat in
          return for my "donation."

          I couldn't go to Pasadena in person because I was too busy saving the
          SingingValentines.com website for the whole Society. I had finally
          solved a bug that was affecting some Registrants, and had pretty much
          put the project to bed, and was wanting to take a break and watch the
          Webcast, but no. I can't. Despite paying for it.

          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Brooks" <vm_dude@...> wrote:

          > I watched the webcast after the fact, as I could not watch on
          > Saturday, and just wanted to say that it was a great experience and
          > well worth the money!
          >
          > Thanks, Adrian! Great job!
          >
          > --Brooks Harkey
          >

          > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian Leontovich" <adrianle@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello all-
          > >
          > > After an amazing weekend, the webcast of the International Youth
          Chorus
          > > festival is now available for your enjoyment!
          > >
          > > As an added bonus, I've edited out most of the longer silences between
          > > announcements and breaks so you can just go from one competitor to
          > another!
          > > Since a few folks mentioned the live cast seemed to be low in
          > volume, I've
          > > bumped it up a bit on the edited version.. ONLY the volume has been
          > > adjusted. Please note that the webcast archive will ONLY be
          > available for
          > > one week!
          > >

          > > For a successful viewing of the webcast, you'll need to be sure you're
          > > running Windows Media Player version 11 on your PC, or Flip4Mac on
          > your Mac.
          > > We hope to possibly stream this in Flash next year (like it is
          done for
          > > International) to help make the version and platform compatibility
          issue
          > > disappear!
          > >

          > > If you've already paid/donated to support the webcast, go directly to
          > > http://www.evg.org/webcast/login.asp (ignore the link on any previous
          > > emails). If you paid but have not received your password, there is a
          > "Forgot
          > > password" link on the login page to have that sent to you.
          > >

          > > If you have not paid or donated yet, please visit this page to get
          > started:
          > > http://www.evg.org/webcast
          > >

          > > Thanks to all who supported youth in barbershop for this event, and
          > please,
          > > send this link out to everyone you know who might enjoy the show!
          > >
          > > Adrian-

        • Brooks
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2009
            I went thru whatever the short registration process was and after I paid
            by PayPal, it said "thank you" on the screen and I am pretty sure it
            displayed the PW on the screen and told me to save it, which I did (in a
            text file). My e-mail address that I used was the user-ID and the PW
            was the one that displayed on the screen. I didn't have a bit of
            trouble; sorry that you are.....

            I also received the PW at the same time by e-mail. It came from

            Lions Mane Webcasts <webcasts@...>

            --Brooks

            --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Joel Rea" <joel.ellis.rea@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > done for
            > > > International) to help make the version and platform compatibility
            > issue
            > > > disappear!
            > > >

            > > > If you've already paid/donated to support the webcast, go directly
            > > > http://www.evg.org/webcast/login.asp (ignore the link on any
            previous
            > > > emails). If you paid but have not received your password, there is
            > > "Forgot
            > > > password" link on the login page to have that sent to you.
            > > >

            > > > If you have not paid or donated yet, please visit this page to get
            > > started:
            > > > http://www.evg.org/webcast
            > > >

            > > > Thanks to all who supported youth in barbershop for this event,
            and
            > > please,
            > > > send this link out to everyone you know who might enjoy the show!

          • Joel Rea
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 8, 2009
              As it turned out, my request was done while the site was being
              updated, so the password was never generated. Adrian personally
              entered a password into the database for me and sent it to me in
              Email, and I was able to retrieve the Webcast just fine.

              Thanks, Adrian, and I deeply apologize to you and to the entire
              Harmonet for the tone of my post. I was very frustrated and exhausted
              when I wrote that.

              Great job to all of the participants and to everyone who worked to
              make the Mid-Winter Convention and its second annual Youth Chorus
              Festival a success!

              It's GREAT to be a Barbershopper!