Re: [bbshop] My Old Kentucky Home

  • Holly Harrington
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
      Hi Ben!
      David Harrington arranged the version as recorded by The Second
      Edition. You might have a copy taken off the recording (yikes!) and
      maybe what reads "Fisher" was meant to be "Foster" as Stephen Foster
      wrote the song and lyrics? Not sure about the tag credit, but it's at
      least in the family as Doug and David are brothers :) If you want to
      listen to a demo of David's arrangement to compare, you can go here to
      listen: http://homepage.mac.com/studiodhdavid/FileSharing1.html
      If it's the same one, you can purchase a legal copy directly from
      David. david@...

      Hope that helps!
      Holly Harrington
      SAI, CAL, Reg. #24
      bari - Paper Dolls qt

      On Feb 1, 2009, at 4:02 AM, Benjamin wrote:

      > Does anyone know how to obtain a legal copy of the arrangement of My
      > Old Kentucky Home
      > that says "arr. Fisher" at the top? It sounds very similar (if not
      > identical) to one that has also
      > been identified as being arranged by David Harrington. If it is
      > identical, I can just buy David
      > Harrington's arrangement, but does anyone know why the sheet music
      > would say "Fisher" on
      > it? And the tag is listed in "Classic Tags" as having been written
      > by Doug Harrington.
      >
      > Any help on these mysteries would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ben McDaniel
      > Prairie Fire Tenor

    • ScottandScarlett Noth
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2009
        Is that the same arrangement as the one that is sung by "The Real Deal"?

        See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SFS7MHAiVo

        I'm looking for that arrangement.

        Scott Noth
        Heyworth, IL

      • Holly Harrington
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4, 2009
          Yes, it is the same arrangement. You can order by contacting David
          directly: info@...
          FYI - David has a second, updated (19 yrs later) version of that
          arrangement available, as well. He added interest to the arrangement,
          and made it a stronger, bbshp contest ballad. Both versions are
          available.

          Thanks!
          Holly Harrington
          SAI, CAL Region #24
          bari-Paper Dolls qt

          On Feb 2, 2009, at 1:38 PM, ScottandScarlett Noth wrote:

          > Is that the same arrangement as the one that is sung by "The Real
          > Deal"?
          >
          > See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SFS7MHAiVo
          >
          > I'm looking for that arrangement.
          >
          > Scott Noth
          > Heyworth, IL

        • Shaun
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 30, 2009
            Can someone tell me who arranged My Old Kentucky Home and let me know if possible what the stock number is? I know there are several arrangements of this, and I am not sure which one I am looking for.
            Thanks so much. Please just shoot me an email if you can help.
            Thanks,
            Shaun Whisler
            Bass of Back in Business
            Director of the Overland Stage Chorus
            Bass of Heart of America Chorus

            shaunwhisler@...
          • Steve Bangham
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 30, 2009
              David Harrington has a wonderful arrangement of this song.
              Second Edition also sang this beautifully.

              Steve Bangham
              East York Barbershoppers

              Sent from my iPhone

              On 30-Mar-09, at 8:16 PM, "Shaun" <shaunwhisler@...> wrote:

              Can someone tell me who arranged My Old Kentucky Home and let me know if possible what the stock number is? I know there are several arrangements of this, and I am not sure which one I am looking for.
              Thanks so much. Please just shoot me an email if you can help.
              Thanks,
              Shaun Whisler
              Bass of Back in Business
              Director of the Overland Stage Chorus
              Bass of Heart of America Chorus

              shaunwhisler@...

            • Dave Knapp
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 30, 2009
                The BHS website is not very intuitive when it comes to finding anything, so here are some instructions for searching the music library of arrangements:

                1. Go to barbershop.org
                2. Click on GET MUSIC tab on the far left
                3. When the page refreshes, don't bother looking at what is being displayed; instead, look under the GET MUSIC tab again and find "SEARCH MUSIC LIBRARY".
                4. When the page refreshes you can now look at what is being displayed. Click on "Click here to search Music Library". This will download you a PDF file containing the arrangements catalog.

                I hope this helps.