Patriotic Chart

  • Ehink557@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2009
      Does your show end with a patriotic flair? I have just completed a nice
      medley you might enjoy as a

      change from the past.

      AMERICA, THE GEM OF THE OCEAN (1843) and AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL (1913)

      The segue works very nicely between the two.

      Since they're both in P/D they can be had for a dbl saw and a SASE.

      Bari.......ng up under the strain,

      Ed Hinkley

      53 yr. Member
      Chorus of the Keys
      2004 District Champions

      Songwriter/Arranger
      Chapter BOTY
      Chapter Hall of Fame

      Though friends are often far away and never feel your touch
      They still remain as close as any standing near,
      The words that fall from friendly lips can surely mean as much
      If they are spoken or you see them written here.

    • John Mallett
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2009
        Ed Hinkley has a new arrangement:
        >"Columbia, Gem of the Ocean/America the Beautiful"
        >
        >Nice high finish that will raise the hackles.

        I'm not quite sure that's the effect you're after, Ed, especially if you're
        planning to sing this arrangement anywhere within the USA :-)

        From www.phrases.org.co.uk (and other sources):
        "Many animals, particularly including dogs and wolves, instinctively raise
        their hackles when annoyed, threatened or scared."

        John Mallett
        Toronto
      • Darlene Inscho
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2009
          as long as it doesn't raise the heckles, he'll be okay.

          darlene i
          l.p.b.o.