My Old Kentucky Home

  • Benjamin
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1 4:02 AM
      Does anyone know how to obtain a legal copy of the arrangement of My Old Kentucky Home
      that says "arr. Fisher" at the top? It sounds very similar (if not identical) to one that has also
      been identified as being arranged by David Harrington. If it is identical, I can just buy David
      Harrington's arrangement, but does anyone know why the sheet music would say "Fisher" on
      it? And the tag is listed in "Classic Tags" as having been written by Doug Harrington.

      Any help on these mysteries would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Ben McDaniel
      Prairie Fire Tenor
    • Holly Harrington
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1 7:57 AM
        Hi Ben!
        David Harrington arranged the version as recorded by The Second
        Edition. You might have a copy taken off the recording (yikes!) and
        maybe what reads "Fisher" was meant to be "Foster" as Stephen Foster
        wrote the song and lyrics? Not sure about the tag credit, but it's at
        least in the family as Doug and David are brothers :) If you want to
        listen to a demo of David's arrangement to compare, you can go here to
        listen: http://homepage.mac.com/studiodhdavid/FileSharing1.html
        If it's the same one, you can purchase a legal copy directly from
        David. david@...

        Hope that helps!
        Holly Harrington
        SAI, CAL, Reg. #24
        bari - Paper Dolls qt

        On Feb 1, 2009, at 4:02 AM, Benjamin wrote:

        > Does anyone know how to obtain a legal copy of the arrangement of My
        > Old Kentucky Home
        > that says "arr. Fisher" at the top? It sounds very similar (if not
        > identical) to one that has also
        > been identified as being arranged by David Harrington. If it is
        > identical, I can just buy David
        > Harrington's arrangement, but does anyone know why the sheet music
        > would say "Fisher" on
        > it? And the tag is listed in "Classic Tags" as having been written
        > by Doug Harrington.
        >
        > Any help on these mysteries would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Ben McDaniel
        > Prairie Fire Tenor

      • ScottandScarlett Noth
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2 1:38 PM
          Is that the same arrangement as the one that is sung by "The Real Deal"?

          See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SFS7MHAiVo

          I'm looking for that arrangement.

          Scott Noth
          Heyworth, IL

        • Holly Harrington
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 4 2:36 PM
            Yes, it is the same arrangement. You can order by contacting David
            directly: info@...
            FYI - David has a second, updated (19 yrs later) version of that
            arrangement available, as well. He added interest to the arrangement,
            and made it a stronger, bbshp contest ballad. Both versions are
            available.

            Thanks!
            Holly Harrington
            SAI, CAL Region #24
            bari-Paper Dolls qt

            On Feb 2, 2009, at 1:38 PM, ScottandScarlett Noth wrote:

            > Is that the same arrangement as the one that is sung by "The Real
            > Deal"?
            >
            > See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SFS7MHAiVo
            >
            > I'm looking for that arrangement.
            >
            > Scott Noth
            > Heyworth, IL

          • Shaun
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 30, 2009
              Can someone tell me who arranged My Old Kentucky Home and let me know if possible what the stock number is? I know there are several arrangements of this, and I am not sure which one I am looking for.
              Thanks so much. Please just shoot me an email if you can help.
              Thanks,
              Shaun Whisler
              Bass of Back in Business
              Director of the Overland Stage Chorus
              Bass of Heart of America Chorus

              shaunwhisler@...
            • Steve Bangham
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 30, 2009
                David Harrington has a wonderful arrangement of this song.
                Second Edition also sang this beautifully.

                Steve Bangham
                East York Barbershoppers

                Sent from my iPhone

                On 30-Mar-09, at 8:16 PM, "Shaun" <shaunwhisler@...> wrote:

                Can someone tell me who arranged My Old Kentucky Home and let me know if possible what the stock number is? I know there are several arrangements of this, and I am not sure which one I am looking for.
                Thanks so much. Please just shoot me an email if you can help.
                Thanks,
                Shaun Whisler
                Bass of Back in Business
                Director of the Overland Stage Chorus
                Bass of Heart of America Chorus

                shaunwhisler@...

              • Dave Knapp
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 30, 2009
                  The BHS website is not very intuitive when it comes to finding anything, so here are some instructions for searching the music library of arrangements:

                  1. Go to barbershop.org
                  2. Click on GET MUSIC tab on the far left
                  3. When the page refreshes, don't bother looking at what is being displayed; instead, look under the GET MUSIC tab again and find "SEARCH MUSIC LIBRARY".
                  4. When the page refreshes you can now look at what is being displayed. Click on "Click here to search Music Library". This will download you a PDF file containing the arrangements catalog.

                  I hope this helps.