Song of America

  • Giallombardo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1 8:32 AM
      Hello Barbershoppers,

      Happy holidays to all.

      This note is sort of an "INFO-mercial". Barbershoppers do like to
      know what's going on, with new arrangements and such, so I will
      try to focus on the INFO (and less on the "-mercial")

      My new patriotic "epic", SONG OF AMERICA, is available NOW.
      You can now hear some samples from my website at:

      http://www.gsbmedalmusic.com

      SONG OF AMERICA uses the tradition chorale, "Finlandia", arranged
      with "Tenor" Melody.
      New lyrics have been written that offer a unique, more "reverent"
      approach to patriotism in contrast to the traditional "flag-waving"
      kind (which I also heartily embrace!)
      In the middle, a quartet steps forth to introduce traditional
      American Patriotic songs with solo, quartet and chorus textures.

      If you wish to know more about "Finlandia", you can check out
      "Wikipedia", and learn about the rich history of this piece.

      At the reprise of "Finlandia"...the American melodies are woven into
      the texture of the chorale creating
      a tapestry of harmony which leads to a grand "Finnish" (pun intended)!

      Tim Waurick (Tenor - Vocal Spectrum) has made some marvelous learning
      tracks which are
      available at:

      http://www.TimTracks.com

      The AIC Chorus (Men's Champ Quartet/Chorus) debuted the work last
      summer in Nashville synched with a "video" (expertly executed by
      Justin Miller of Westminster).
      The video is not available at this time, but the arrangement and
      learning tracks are.

      Best Regards and Happy New Year To All!

      Jay Giallombardo