zero8 new website and cd

  • Max Häggström
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      Hello friends and fellow artists!
      Greetings from Stockholm, Sweden.  zero8 (formed in early 2007) is a chorus mostly made up of music students from Stockholm and is directed by our founder, Doug Harrington (coach and producer of vocal harmonies, performer for over 35 years and baritone of Second Edition, 1989 SPEBSQSA International Quartet Champions).  We sing a wide variety of music including Rock, Pop, Soul, Swedish Choral pieces, Spirituals and Barbershop.  Our repertoire includes songs from artists such as Eric Clapton, Wilson Pickett, Carl Michael Bellman, Eddy Arnold, Barry Manilow, Lennon & McCartney and Curtis Mayfield.
      As members of SNoBS (Society of Nordic Barbershop Singers), an affiliate of the Barbershop Harmony Society, zero8 became Nordic Champions of Barbershop in April, 2008, qualifying for both the European Barbershop Open (Veldhoven, Holland March, 2009) and the World Barbershop Championship (Anaheim, California July, 2009).  As you can guess, 2009 is going to be quite a year for us with trips to Holland and California, 2 local concerts as well as one in Anaheim and a new CD…ALL BEFORE MID-JULY!!!
      So with this letter, we would like to officially launch our new website and announce the coming of our debut CD, 'Change The World', with a planned release in March, 2009...but we need your help!  In order to successfully complete this CD project, we need sponsors.  What we are offering is an opportunity for you as an individual, or perhaps your group, to sponsor 1 (or more) song(s) on our debut CD (see detailed track list below)!  You will get to choose your own song and for your generous sponsorship you will receive credit in the liner notes under your song (forever tying you to zero8 and "your song"), 1 complimentary CD and 2 complimentary tickets to an upcoming zero8 concert (see website for upcoming appearances).
      As of September 18, 2008, we are underway with this project and; therefore, need to hear from you.  If you are interested in helping zero8 with our debut CD, please reply to this email right away or visit us at www.zero8.fm
      In harmony,
      Max Häggström
      Marketing Director, zero8
      zero8 – Change The World
      Track list
      -      California Here I Come (arr. David Wright, Rasmus Krigström)
      -      You Don't Know Me (arr. Jim Clancy, Doug Harrington, Emanuel Roll)  ALREADY SPONSORED
      -      Change The World (arr. Joel Bexelius)
      -      Midnight Hour (arr. Staffan Paulson)
      -      Käraste Bröder: Traditional Swedish drinking song (arr. Håkan Sund)
      -      People Get Ready (arr. The Blenders)
      -      Peg O' My Heart (arr. Ed Waesche, Bluegrass Student Union)
      -      Copacabana (arr. Staffan Paulson)
      -      It's Alright (arr. Huey Lewis and the News)
      -      All You Need Is Love: performed by Ringmasters (with zero8) (arr. Rasmus Krigström)