Fwd: Biographies?

  • Amos
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2008
      Steve,

      This site for the Tucson Sunshine Chapter has an obit on Lou Perry:

      http://www.spebsqsafwd.org/tsc/louperry.html

      This was Lou's last chapter as well as that of other Society legends,
      such as Bob Johnson.

      Amos Glanz
      Member, The Chordbusters

      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Steve Langford <s@...> wrote:

      Friends,

      Is there a publicly accessible set of biographies and
      obituaries
      devoted to The Society greats (past and present)?

      Thanks,

      -Steve Langford-

      --- End forwarded message ---
    • Tim Buell
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2008
        Thank you, Amos. I have come to barbershop just lately (2005) and
        therefore missed a lot of these great men of our avocation. I am
        fascinated by these stories, and hope that we never lose them.

        One of the things that veteran athletes complain about is that the
        modern player has no sense of where their sport has come from and who
        their predecessors were.

        We have the unique privilege of being able to maintain a close
        relationship with our predecessors, by performing the arrangements
        that those who came before created and performed.

        Tim Buell
        Lead, Free State 4
        Lead, YIH VP, Patapsco Valley, Heart of Maryland Chorus