GHG Lyrics for Will Tell Overture

  • Terri Groll
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 10, 2008
      Does anyone know who wrote the lyrics for the William Tell Overture
      that Gas House Gang sang? The Arranger?

      Thanks!
    • Travis Murray
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 11, 2008
        I don't have the CD here in front of me, but I'm pretty sure that both
        the lyrics and the arrangement were done by Jay Giallombardo. I'm
        sure somebody will correct me if I'm mistaken.

        Travis Murray
        Bari - Nightcap
        http://www.nightcapquartet.com

        On 11/10/08, Terri Groll <smudge104@...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know who wrote the lyrics for the William Tell Overture
        > that Gas House Gang sang? The Arranger?
        >
        > Thanks!

        Sent from my mobile device
      • Mac McIntosh
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 11, 2008
          Ok, my curiosity got the best of me, dug out the CD...

          Lyrics by Neal Fredrickson, Arrangement by Jim Henry.

          H.L. "Mac" McIntosh
          Clovis, California
          Lead/Webmaster - Silver & Gold - 2008 NCENN Senior Champions
          http://silverngoldquartet.com
          Tenor/Webmaster/Contact - Jubilation Singers
          http://mcgraphicsplus.com/Jubilation/
          Lead/Webmaster - Gold Note Chorus - 2008 NCENN Champions
          http://goldnotechorus.com
          Cast member - New Wrinkles
          http://NewWrinklesFresno.com
          Member - Central California Roadrunners
          http://centralcaliforniaroadrunners.com/
          Owner/Webmaster - McGraphics Plus
          http://McGraphicsPlus.com

          I don't have the CD here in front of me, but I'm pretty sure that both
          the lyrics and the arrangement were done by Jay Giallombardo. I'm
          sure somebody will correct me if I'm mistaken.

          Travis Murray
          Bari - Nightcap
          http://www.nightcapquartet.com

          On 11/10/08, Terri Groll <smudge104@...> wrote:
          > Does anyone know who wrote the lyrics for the William Tell Overture
          > that Gas House Gang sang? The Arranger?
          >
          > Thanks!

          Sent from my mobile device

        • Travis Murray
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 11, 2008
            Hmmmmm...I thought that was the case for Eine Kleine NOT Musik, but
            thought William Tell was Jay G. I stand corrected.

            On 11/11/08, Mac McIntosh <h.mcintosh@...> wrote:
            > Ok, my curiosity got the best of me, dug out the CD...
            >
            > Lyrics by Neal Fredrickson, Arrangement by Jim Henry.
            >
            > H.L. "Mac" McIntosh
            > Clovis, California
            > Lead/Webmaster - Silver & Gold - 2008 NCENN Senior Champions
            > http://silverngoldquartet.com
            > Tenor/Webmaster/Contact - Jubilation Singers
            > http://mcgraphicsplus.com/Jubilation/
            > Lead/Webmaster - Gold Note Chorus - 2008 NCENN Champions
            > http://goldnotechorus.com
            > Cast member - New Wrinkles
            > http://NewWrinklesFresno.com
            > Member - Central California Roadrunners
            > http://centralcaliforniaroadrunners.com/
            > Owner/Webmaster - McGraphics Plus
            > http://McGraphicsPlus.com

            Sent from my mobile device
          • Richard Word
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 11, 2008
              Actually, Travis, you are partially right. William Tell WAS arranged
              by Jay G! It just wasn't for Gas House Gang. It was for his own gold
              medal quartet, Grandmas Boys (Jay Gialombardo, Hank Brandt, Don
              Barnick, and John Miller) quite a few years earlier. Actually, I'm a
              bit vague on this, but I think I remember that I liked his lyrics
              better than those of the more recent arrangement.
              Rick Word
              Atlanta

              --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Travis Murray" <travis@...> wrote:

              > Hmmmmm...I thought that was the case for Eine Kleine NOT Musik, but
              > thought William Tell was Jay G. I stand corrected.
              >
              > Travis Murray
              > Bari - Nightcap
              > http://www.nightcapquartet.com
              >

              > On 11/11/08, Mac McIntosh <h.mcintosh@...> wrote:
              > > Ok, my curiosity got the best of me, dug out the CD...
              > >
              > > Lyrics by Neal Fredrickson, Arrangement by Jim Henry.
              > >
              > > H.L. "Mac" McIntosh
              > > Clovis, California
              > > Lead/Webmaster - Silver & Gold - 2008 NCENN Senior Champions
              > > http://silverngoldquartet.com
              > > Tenor/Webmaster/Contact - Jubilation Singers
              > > http://mcgraphicsplus.com/Jubilation/
              > > Lead/Webmaster - Gold Note Chorus - 2008 NCENN Champions
              > > http://goldnotechorus.com
              > > Cast member - New Wrinkles
              > > http://NewWrinklesFresno.com
              > > Member - Central California Roadrunners
              > > http://centralcaliforniaroadrunners.com/
              > > Owner/Webmaster - McGraphics Plus
              > > http://McGraphicsPlus.com

            • Richard Word
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 12, 2008
                I hate inaccuaracy, so I have to correct myself on my own comment.
                John Miller had already left Grandmas Boys at the time they sang WTO
                (William Tell Overture).
                That was Randy Loos who replaced him so admirably and made their last
                album which contained this song. It premiered at the AIC show in 1981
                in Detroit. John did enough praise worthy things without me wrongly
                crediting him for someone elses' work! Sorry, Randy!
                Rick Word
                Atlanta

                --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Word" <rickword@...> wrote:

                > Actually, Travis, you are partially right. William Tell WAS
                arranged
                > by Jay G! It just wasn't for Gas House Gang. It was for his own
                gold
                > medal quartet, Grandmas Boys (Jay Gialombardo, Hank Brandt, Don
                > Barnick, and John Miller) quite a few years earlier. Actually, I'm
                > bit vague on this, but I think I remember that I liked his lyrics
                > better than those of the more recent arrangement.
                > Rick Word
                > Atlanta
                >
                > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Travis Murray" <travis@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hmmmmm...I thought that was the case for Eine Kleine NOT Musik,
                but
                > > thought William Tell was Jay G. I stand corrected.
                > >
                > > Travis Murray
                > > Bari - Nightcap
                > > http://www.nightcapquartet.com
                > >

                > > On 11/11/08, Mac McIntosh <h.mcintosh@> wrote:
                > > > Ok, my curiosity got the best of me, dug out the CD...
                > > >
                > > > Lyrics by Neal Fredrickson, Arrangement by Jim Henry.
                > > >
                > > > H.L. "Mac" McIntosh
                > > > Clovis, California
                > > > Lead/Webmaster - Silver & Gold - 2008 NCENN Senior Champions
                > > > http://silverngoldquartet.com
                > > > Tenor/Webmaster/Contact - Jubilation Singers
                > > > http://mcgraphicsplus.com/Jubilation/
                > > > Lead/Webmaster - Gold Note Chorus - 2008 NCENN Champions
                > > > http://goldnotechorus.com
                > > > Cast member - New Wrinkles
                > > > http://NewWrinklesFresno.com
                > > > Member - Central California Roadrunners
                > > > http://centralcaliforniaroadrunners.com/
                > > > Owner/Webmaster - McGraphics Plus
                > > > http://McGraphicsPlus.com

              • bucknerx4
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
                  Jay G did the version Grandmas Boys did.

                  When the Gas House Gang wanted to learn it Jay told us it was not
                  available and said that if we wanted to do our own arrangement, that
                  was fine with him. Jim Henry did the GHG arrangement (which is very
                  similar due to the fact there is not much you can change on a
                  classical piece) and Jim and Rich Knight wrote the words together.

                  I was not in the qtet when this took place but I have heard them
                  talk about it. I do not think Neil F had anything to do with this
                  one but DID do the lyrics to Eine and Beethoven 5.1.

                  Kipp