Re: [bbshop] Re: SAI- Quartet Finals Order of Appearance

  • Djbqpa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2008
      > Graham Fagan
      > A " GOLDEN OLDIE " .....Member since 1963
      >
      > - - - - - - - - -

      Congratulations!

      From:
      Dick Johnson
      Great Falls, MT
      > A "GOLDEN OLDIE " .....Member since 1947

    • John Mallett
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2008
        Graham Fagan wrote:

        >.......What , exactly , does
        >the 5th wheel offer that we're not getting on the Harmonet and it's many
        chat rooms that
        >come up from time to time ......Is this just some pathetic ego trip....

        Geez, lighten up. The 5th Wheel is a blog. The Harmonet isn't. As with
        the other 56 bazillion
        blogs on the internet (of which hardly any deal with barbershop harmony), it
        provides a personal perspective that you can either read or ignore
        completely. Maybe you should choose option two?

        Nothing wrong with a bit more good-natured chatter about barbershop.
        There....there's another difference it has with the Harmonet :-)

        John Mallett
      • Andren Moyer
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2008
          Thank you all for your prompt response!

          Andren

        • John
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 7, 2008
            I'm curious as to how or why you think he/it is redundant if you
            don't even know what it is. ??

            Please explain how or why you think what has been done is plagiarism?
            ┬ľnoun 1. the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and
            thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's
            own original work.
            2. something used and represented in this manner.

            Do you feel that someone/anyone is representing the scores as their
            own work? Is anyone/everyone that posts scores from a contest in
            violation of plagiarism? Have you considered filing suit because this
            needs to stop.. and right now!

            Why the hate? Your post is obviously filled with pointed remarks.

            It sounds like you're on your own ego trip just looking for
            anyone/anything to berate whenever possible. What exactly makes his
            efforts pathetic? And even if it is pathetic in your mind, why do you
            feel obligated to make that call in public? And what makes you think
            that everyone agrees with you?

            If there's already enough on the Harmonet (according to you), why are
            you adding to it with hate-filled rhetoric?

            Do you see the irony here? Probably not.

            His name is Mike McGee as he has stated, previously.

            Seriously, what's your purpose in this public, hate-filled post? Do
            you go posting all over the web about all the things you don't like
            or agree with?

            Try something more positive in life.

            John Rentz

            --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Graham Fagan" <gfagan33@...> wrote:

            > O.K. ....Now I'm curious .......Who or what in the heck
            the 5th wheel and what is the purpose of this redundant person /
            group .......The SAI top 10 list was first posted by Mike ( somebody
            or other ) then exactly ( word for word ) re-posted by the 5th wheel
            ( without acknowledgement ....isn't that plagiarism ? ) .......What ,
            exactly , does the 5th wheel offer that we're not getting on the
            Harmonet and it's many chat rooms that come up from time to
            time ......Is this just some pathetic ego trip from someone who ,
            apparently , doesn't have a name but wants to feel he / she is doing
            something important ? .....As far as I'm concerned there's already
            enough " stuff " on the Harmonet so unless you're adding a unique
            approach , why don't you find something else to do .....