Re: Another New Quartet, New Website

  • Alan Gordon
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2008
      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Jack W. Martin" <jackwmartin@...> wrote:

      > Hey Mat, You guys got some pretty big shoes to fill with the name Doo
      > Dads. A quartet of this name finished 8th I believe in the
      International
      > contest in New Orleans, 1971 Brian Beck was singing Tenor at the
      time. It
      > just happens that he is the only man in the Society to make the top 10
      > singing all four parts. No! Not at the same time!!!!
      >
      > Doo Dads tenor
      > Dealers Choice Bari
      > Side Street Ramblers Lead
      > Saturday Evening Post Bass

      I was thinking the same thing! And he medaled in three of those parts!

      Looking htem up on Benjy's ICQ list, it appears they were 8th in 1970,
      and 13th in 1971.

      Alan
      gotchabari@...
    • Jack W. Martin
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2008
        Thanks Alan, My memory gets a bit fuzzy sometimes when recalling things of
        earlier years.
        In harmony
        Jack Martin