2008 Labor Day Jamboree 5 Star Final

  • Christopher Baker
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      Labor Day Jamboree is winding down after a fabulous night with our five star acts:

      O.C. Times
      Crossroads
      State Line Grocery
      Rounders &
      Reveille

      on stage and at the Afterglow. We had a special treat when O.C. Times and State Line Grocery combined for an octet as the final Afterglow number "Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring." Wow!

      The show was nearly a sell-out even after adding 100 more seats. What a turnout!

      We also had reprises at the Afterglow from the stars of our Saturday show:

      On Demand
      Odyssey from Region 9 Sweet Adelines &
      PBQ.

      As I headed for the my room around 1 a.m., there were taggers in the corners. That's always a good sign.

      On a more somber note, we were all saddened by the announcement of Rounders retirement but we're glad to know that the individual members will still be around in the District and I'm sure we'll be hearing from them again in another form.

      If you want to see pictures of last night's action, check them out here:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunshinedistrict/

      where you can also download them or link to them for future reference. The last batch has been processed and is ready for review. See if you can find yourself or your friends, sort of a Barbershop version of Where's Waldo. [grin]

      Despite the weather fluctuations, everyone reported having a wonderful time. Stay tuned for an announcement about LDJ 2009 coming soon. You won't want to miss this one.

      See you at next year!

      --
      KTWWS!
      Christopher