sad news

  • chickenita1
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
      Friends,

      A very hard message to deliver........I just received an email from
      Bill Schreiner (Chicken tenor), who received a call from Jack
      Sweitzer's sister-in-law that our friend and brother passed away this
      morning while volunteering for the US Park Service as he has done on a
      regular basis for many years. He was with a fellow volunteer when he
      collapsed, and it's assumed had a massive heart attack, but that is
      speculation at this time. It took 40 minutes to get him to the hospital
      but he was already gone and they could do nothing to revive him.

      Jack's family consists of his sister-in-law in New Jersey and two or
      three nephews. He has no other blood relatives. Jack adopted the
      barbershop community as his closest of kin and he enjoyed every minute
      spent with all of us, including our sister barbershoppers in the
      Atlanta Sweet Adeline Chapters. He was a charter member of the
      Marietta Chapter and was its third president, as well as singing
      baritone with the Chicken Chips quartet.

      Jack was possibly the healthiest, happiest, hard-workingest 70-year-old
      man you would ever have the pleasure to know. Many of you may have
      seen him in Nashville in July, having a great time singing tags and
      spreading the joy of barbershop to those around him. Jack could
      always - ALWAYS - be counted on to do anything and everything anyone
      needed, and his energy and enthusiasm for life were contagious to
      everyone he encountered.

      This is by no means a fitting tribute to one of my dearest, closest
      friends; I'm counting on others to fill in where I've left off, as I am
      too upset to right any more at this time. I will keep you informed as
      news of the arrangements are received.

      Anita Norman, Marietta GA
    • ektenor
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2008
        Just saw this. I am heartbroken to hear this news. Jack was one of
        the most unique, most enjoyable men I've ever been around. He will
        be greatly missed. Very thankful I saw him in Nashville.
        EK

        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "chickenita1" <allegromom@...> wrote:

        > Friends,
        >
        > A very hard message to deliver........I just received an email from
        > Bill Schreiner (Chicken tenor), who received a call from Jack
        > Sweitzer's sister-in-law that our friend and brother passed away
        this
        > morning while volunteering for the US Park Service as he has done
        on a
        > regular basis for many years. He was with a fellow volunteer when
        he
        > collapsed, and it's assumed had a massive heart attack, but that is
        > speculation at this time. It took 40 minutes to get him to the
        hospital
        > but he was already gone and they could do nothing to revive him.
        >
        > Jack's family consists of his sister-in-law in New Jersey and two
        or
        > three nephews. He has no other blood relatives. Jack adopted the
        > barbershop community as his closest of kin and he enjoyed every
        minute
        > spent with all of us, including our sister barbershoppers in the
        > Atlanta Sweet Adeline Chapters. He was a charter member of the
        > Marietta Chapter and was its third president, as well as singing
        > baritone with the Chicken Chips quartet.
        >
        > Jack was possibly the healthiest, happiest, hard-workingest 70-year-
        old
        > man you would ever have the pleasure to know. Many of you may have
        > seen him in Nashville in July, having a great time singing tags and
        > spreading the joy of barbershop to those around him. Jack could
        > always - ALWAYS - be counted on to do anything and everything
        anyone
        > needed, and his energy and enthusiasm for life were contagious to
        > everyone he encountered.
        >
        > This is by no means a fitting tribute to one of my dearest, closest
        > friends; I'm counting on others to fill in where I've left off, as
        I am
        > too upset to right any more at this time. I will keep you informed
        as
        > news of the arrangements are received.
        >
        > Anita Norman, Marietta GA

      • John and donna Kleinschmidt
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
          With sadness in my heart I have to relate the news that my dear friend, Susan Martin, lead of Weekend Edition, Sweet Adeline 1996 International Quartet Champions, passed away this morning. She was surrounded by her family and went quietly. She put up a brave fight for over four years, and I was very proud of her. A celebration of life is being tentatively set for Dec 16th. When details are finalized I will relay them.
          Donna Kleinschmidt
          Baritone, Weekend Edition

        • Bruce C.
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2012
            Please convey to the family my condolences.

            Bruce Checca