Owen Awards

  • Bob Caldwell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2008
      Owen Award 12: Absolutely the Best Convention-Recap-Writeups --
      Ann McAlexander! (Honorable Mention: The Boston Shrimp)

      Ann, I have seriously enjoyed reading your recaps of your ventures, adventures, mishaps and madcap misadventures at the convention in Nashville.  It was almost as if I was right there with you myself.  Oh, yeah.  That's right!  I WAS right there with you, at least while we were in the Sommet Center.  Thanks for offering me the ticket.
      Owen Award 13: Best Barbershopping-Family-All-In-One-Place-At-The-Same-Time -- Brad, Ann, Patrick, and Maggie McAlexander and Ann's Mom!
      The McAlexanders represent the barbershopping family at it's finest.  I have told Ann and Brad this so it will not come as a surprise to them to hear me say it here, Patrick and Maggie are two of the best mannered young people I have met in quite some time.  It was a joy to be in the company of the McAlexanders in Nashville.
      I do believe I'm going to continue to purchase my single registrations last minute from barbershoppers on the Harmonet.  I had a similar experience a few years ago when I grabbed a last minute registration from Chuck Hunter, Sr and his lovely Mrs.
      p.s.  Ann, you're right about that Charlie Hill too.  He's a terrific guy.  Charlie hired 7th Street (long distance) last year to surprise one of his former high school teachers at a local DC restaurant in celebration of her 80th birthday.  We had a terrific time sing for her and he never sees me without mentioning how much she enjoyed it.  Gotta tell ya, Charlie, she did not have any more fun that night than we did.  We hung out afterwards at the place, had some dinner and libations and sang for other patrons of the Irish Inn late into the evening.

      Harmony-us-ly, BobCaldwell@...
      571.766.2976  or  804.241.6957cell
      FRiDAYS!   O{///////]
      Dan, Bob, Ken & Steve    [|;^}0x
      Thank goodness it's barbershop!
      Alexandria Harmonizers Chorus

    • The McAlexanders
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2008
        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Bob Caldwell <slickerleadq@...> wrote:
        > Owen Award 12: Absolutely the Best Convention-Recap-Writeups --
        > Ann McAlexander! (Honorable Mention: The Boston Shrimp)

        Uh oh, Bob, what if The Shrimp takes offense and we end up in one of
        those Crystal and Alexis mud-slinging fights? 8-D

        Seriously, though, thanks for your kind words. You made me blush!
        They are great kids. We're very proud. And what would I do without
        Patrick at my elbow to answer all my trivia questions during the
        contests? Very handy!

        Ann

        P.S. Bob was the one who started the "kid on the chair" thing with
        Patrick when Bob, Bob Sutton, and Mike Barkley put him up on a chair to
        sing tags with them at the Harmonet Gathering in Montreal in 2003.
        Acoustix did the same thing with him two days later for SWTC. You
        might have seen a picture of this memorable SWTC moment in the
        Harmonizer or on the BHS web site. (Our kids have had a lot of very
        fun experiences thanks to our crazy barbershop lives.)

        P.P.S. Did anyone catch that Bob sat with us at international this
        year? ;) He, too, was a pleasure to spend time with. We had a great
        time!

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
          No need to blush, Ann. Two Owens well deserved.

          Harmony-us-ly, Bb

          Ann wrote:
          > Seriously, though, thanks for your kind words. You made me blush!
          > They are great kids. We're very proud.
        • bostonshrimp
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2008
            Dear Ann (aka - Krystal Carrington):

            Actually...it's a fun reference, no?

            Hey, what if we promise a 'repeat' of the Alexis/Krystal mud fight to
            be staged at the next Harmonet Gathering?

            There's GOT to be food, though. I'm not going to a gathering or a
            mud fight without food.

            Roz
            aka:Alexis
            :)--- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "The McAlexanders" <bradnann@...>