Re: [bbshop] Wilbur Sparks Interview

  • Rjlewis777@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
      Wilbur was one of only three Society Presidents who had the privilege of
      handing the International Champion Quartet trophy to a quartet from his own
      district -- the Oriole Four in 1970. Gil Lefholz gave the trophy to the Rural
      Route Four, and they were even from his own chapter. Doubt that will ever be
      repeated. I was the third one to be able to do this.

      Roger Lewis
      2002-2003 Society President

      In a message dated 5/27/2008 6:23:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      slickerleadq@... writes:

      For those who might like to know more about Wilbur Sparks' involvement with
      Harry Truman, here's a link I found online to a transcript of an interview
      some years ago with Wilbur.
      _http://www.trumanlihttp://wwwhttp://wwhttp://wwhtt_
      (http://www.trumanlibrary.org/oralhist/sparkswd.htm)

      Harmony-us-ly, _BobCaldwell@BobCaldwe_ (mailto:BobCaldwell@...)