Re: [bbshop] Coooold

  • Jim Puffe
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 3, 2008
      Can you imagine tomorrow it will be 36 degrees in
      Fargo ND. We call that warm.

      Jim Puffe

    • EGPLEAD98@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 3, 2008
        HI ED,
        Here in PA, We woke up to 16 degrees with a wind chill of
        5 degrees !!!

        you guys in florida are having a heat wave !!! :)

        but by the weekend, it should reach the 50 degree mark ???

        Happy 2008 !!!

        ERIC G PHILLIPS
        _EGPLEAD98@..._ (mailto:EGPLEAD98@...)

      • Steve Salamin
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2008
          Sorry... I could not resist replying...

          Keene, southwestern New Hampshire:

          Right now... it has warmed-up here, mid-morning!

          Three degrees above. Wind chill: minus fourteen degrees.

          Tonight? Don't ask.

          ~ Steve
          STEPHEN SALAMIN
          LEAD / VP-Marketing & Public Relations
          The Keene, NH Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony
          <http://www.barbershop.org/> Society
          The Cheshiremen Chorus
          We meet every Tuesday 7-9:30 PM @ the Keene UCC Church
          Visit us at: <http://www.cheshiremen.org/> www.cheshiremen.org
          Chapter phone: Toll Free 1-877-31B-SHOP

          1-2-3 . . . "It's Great To Be A Cheshiremen!"
          _______________________________________
          EDITOR
          The NED's " <http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=144> Nor'easter
          <http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=144> "
          <http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=144> District Bulletin
          <http://www.nedistrict.org/> Northeastern District Association of Chapters
          of the <http://www.barbershop.org/> Barbershop Harmony Society

          _______________________________________
          PUBLISHING SOLUTIONS (tm) by ...
          Stephen C. Salamin

          _______________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2008
            Here in Phoenix it's a bit cold too.... in fact, I had to wear my
            sweater today.... Yeah Yeah.. I know... Yes I do have a sweater...

            John B

            --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Salamin" <sc.salamin@...>
            wrote:

            > Sorry... I could not resist replying...
            >
            > Keene, southwestern New Hampshire:
            >
            > Right now... it has warmed-up here, mid-morning!
            >
            > Three degrees above. Wind chill: minus fourteen degrees.
            >
            > Tonight? Don't ask.
            >

            > ~ Steve
            > STEPHEN SALAMIN
            > LEAD / VP-Marketing & Public Relations
            > The Keene, NH Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony
            > <http://www.barbershop.org/> Society
            > The Cheshiremen Chorus
            > We meet every Tuesday 7-9:30 PM @ the Keene UCC Church
            > Visit us at: <http://www.cheshiremen.org/> www.cheshiremen.org
            > Chapter phone: Toll Free 1-877-31B-SHOP
            >
            > 1-2-3 . . . "It's Great To Be A Cheshiremen!"
            > _______________________________________
            > EDITOR
            > The NED's " <http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=144>
            Nor'easter
            > <http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=144> "
            > <http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=144> District
            Bulletin
            > <http://www.nedistrict.org/> Northeastern District Association of
            Chapters
            > of the <http://www.barbershop.org/> Barbershop Harmony Society
            >
            > _______________________________________
            > PUBLISHING SOLUTIONS (tm) by ...
            > Stephen C. Salamin
            >
            > _______________________________

          • Tim Buell
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 3, 2008
              Let's at least try to get this weather report near to on-topic.

              Sorry, I couldn't find this acappella.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwjNLhzUCSo

              --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "musicboxbass" <desertblom@...> wrote:

              > Here in Phoenix it's a bit cold too.... in fact, I had to wear my
              > sweater today.... Yeah Yeah.. I know... Yes I do have a sweater...
              >
              > John B
              >

              > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Salamin" <sc.salamin@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Sorry... I could not resist replying...
              > >
              > > Keene, southwestern New Hampshire:
              > >
              > > Right now... it has warmed-up here, mid-morning!
              > >
              > > Three degrees above. Wind chill: minus fourteen degrees.
              > >
              > > Tonight? Don't ask.
              > >

              > > ~ Steve
              > > STEPHEN SALAMIN
              > > LEAD / VP-Marketing & Public Relations
              > > The Keene, NH Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony
              > > <http://www.barbershop.org/> Society
              > > The Cheshiremen Chorus
              > > We meet every Tuesday 7-9:30 PM @ the Keene UCC Church
              > > Visit us at: <http://www.cheshiremen.org/> www.cheshiremen.org
              > > Chapter phone: Toll Free 1-877-31B-SHOP
              > >
              > > 1-2-3 . . . "It's Great To Be A Cheshiremen!"
              > > _______________________________________
              > > EDITOR
              > > The NED's " <http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=144>
              > Nor'easter
              > > <http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=144> "
              > > <http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=144> District
              > Bulletin
              > > <http://www.nedistrict.org/> Northeastern District Association
              of
              > Chapters
              > > of the <http://www.barbershop.org/> Barbershop Harmony Society
              > >
              > > _______________________________________
              > > PUBLISHING SOLUTIONS (tm) by ...
              > > Stephen C. Salamin
              > >
              > > _______________________________

            • musicboxbass
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 3, 2008
                Ok... During our Holiday shows the Spirit of Phoenix and Scottsdale
                Choruses sang "Baby it's Cold Outside"... we needed to use our
                imagination.... and I wore my sweater.... yeah.. I have a sweater.

                John B

                --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Buell" <tpbuell@...> wrote:

                > Let's at least try to get this weather report near to on-topic.
                >
                > Sorry, I couldn't find this acappella.
                >
                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwjNLhzUCSo
                >

                > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "musicboxbass" <desertblom@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Here in Phoenix it's a bit cold too.... in fact, I had to wear
                my
                > > sweater today.... Yeah Yeah.. I know... Yes I do have a
                sweater...

                > > John B
                > >

                > > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Salamin" <sc.salamin@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Sorry... I could not resist replying...
                > > >
                > > > Keene, southwestern New Hampshire:
                > > >
                > > > Right now... it has warmed-up here, mid-morning!
                > > >
                > > > Three degrees above. Wind chill: minus fourteen degrees.
                > > >
                > > > Tonight? Don't ask.
                > > >

                > > > ~ Steve
                > > > _________________________________________________
                > > > STEPHEN SALAMIN
                > > > LEAD / VP-Marketing & Public Relations
                > > > The Keene, NH Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony
                > > > <http://www.barbershop.org/> Society
                > > > The Cheshiremen Chorus
                > > > We meet every Tuesday 7-9:30 PM @ the Keene UCC Church
                > > > Visit us at: <http://www.cheshiremen.org/> www.cheshiremen.org
                > > > Chapter phone: Toll Free 1-877-31B-SHOP
                > > >
                > > > 1-2-3 . . . "It's Great To Be A Cheshiremen!"
                > > > _______________________________________
                > > > EDITOR
                > > > The NED's " <http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=144>
                > > Nor'easter
                > > > <http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=144> "
                > > > <http://www.nedistrict.org/index.cfm?page_id=144> District
                > > Bulletin
                > > > <http://www.nedistrict.org/> Northeastern District
                Association
                > of
                > > Chapters
                > > > of the <http://www.barbershop.org/> Barbershop Harmony Society
                > > >
                > > > _______________________________________
                > > > PUBLISHING SOLUTIONS (tm) by ...
                > > > Stephen C. Salamin
                > > >
                > > > _______________________________

              • Leaderman
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 3, 2008
                  See how easy that was.

                  --
                  Sing-cerely & Humm-bly,

                  John Elving
                  VP Mus. & Perf.
                  Editor-in-Cheap
                  Shrine of Democracy Chorus
                  PROBE VP- Bulletin Editors
                  Rapid City, SD
                  Email: leaderman@...
                • Bob Patterson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 3, 2008
                    > Let's at least try to get this weather report near to on-topic.

                    Inland Empire meets at Iglesia Del Nazareno. Every year we do an extra
                    performance of our Christmas Show for the congregation, as a sort of
                    "pay-the-rent" thing. It's always a challange to MC because someone has to
                    translate for the third of the audience who doesn't understand English.
                    Pun-type jokes don't work at all.

                    The pits was when I introduced I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas starting
                    with, "How many of you came from someplace where it snows?" This line
                    usually works well in southern California, because almost everyone is from
                    someplace else.

                    However, with an hispanic audience, who grew up south of the border, all I
                    got was blank stares.

                    Bob Patterson,
                    Bari Tortilla Flats

                    > Let's at least try to get this weather report near to on-topic.
                  • Shelley Herman
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 3, 2008
                      > Sorry... I could not resist replying...
                      >
                      > Keene, southwestern New Hampshire:
                      >
                      > Right now... it has warmed-up here, mid-morning!
                      >
                      > Three degrees above. Wind chill: minus fourteen degrees.
                      >
                      > Tonight? Don't ask.

                      Why I live in Southern Calif. We may be the granola state (Whatever ain't
                      fruits or nuts is flakes), but a cold night here is 42 degrees. Helps me
                      maintain my motto: Wherever there's snow, Shelley don't go!

                      Shelley Herman
                      saherman@...