Jan.19, '08 - 47th SoCal Annual Novice Quartet Contest (Far Western District)

  • BshopSean@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      Please join the 2007 International Chorus Champions, the Westminster Chorus,
      as they sponsor, host, and perform at the 47th Annual 'Novice' Quartet
      Contest for Southern CA, Arizona and Nevada!

      Saturday night, January 19th - 7:30pm at the Servite High School Theatre in
      Anaheim, CA.

      For more information on this year's event, purchasing tickets online, or
      registering your own quartet - please check out our contest webpage:
      _www.WestminsterChorus.org/novice_ (http://www.WestminsterChorus.org/novice)

      * 47 years ago the SoCal Novice Contest began to encourage the creation of
      new quartets. Nothing gets people motivated like a good old contest – and
      this is a contest that is no pressure and fun! Today’s Westminster Chorus is
      proud to continue that tradition.

      There is uniqueness to this Novice Contest in that its scoring de-emphasizes
      previous contest experience by applying a handicap system. No more than two
      members of a quartet can have participated in Division or higher-level
      contests. Our certified BHS judging panel award scores strictly on the basis of
      performance, as in other contests, but a handicap reduction is applied
      subsequently for each quartet member who has previous contest experience. The
      reductions range from 5 points for having been in a previous Novice Contest to 50
      points for being an International Champion. It adds to the fun and puts
      1st timers on equal ground!
      We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday night, January 19th at Servite
      High School in Anaheim take part in the fun, root on our quartets, and enjoy
      a special performance by your current International Gold Medalists - the
      Westminster Chorus!
      If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact:
      Sean Devine
      Novice Contest Chairman
      _WestminsterFWD@..._ (mailto:WestminsterFWD@...)
      _www.WestminsterChorus.org_ (http://www.WestminsterChorus.org)