Re: New Year's Resolution for the Society?

  • Tom Emmert
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
      That's an interesting concept. It means of course buying the copyright
      from the current owner (which may be the publisher, or the songwriter's
      descendents, or...) and for many old songs there may not be much annual
      income, so the price may be right.

      For "big name" songs, that's a different story!

      BTW - let me add my thanks to Rich, Gary, Garry, Linda, Ari, Joaner,
      Marty, & Vinnie for the dedication they showed to THN for the years it
      lasted. Hope you can find a new home for the show!

      Tom in Cincy

      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Tom Goldie <tomgoldie@...> wrote:

      > Greetings, and Happy New Year to All!
      >
      > It's time for the Society to be looking at a list of New Year's
      > resolutions, and I've got a few (??) suggestions:
      >
      > Allowing the membership to vote on:

      > --whether we should put some of our tunes into the Public Domain for
      the
      > good of the public, and which ones, along with any costs this would
      incur
    • Charles D. Denzler
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
        On Tue, 01 Jan 2008, Tom Goldie <tomgoldie@...> writes:

        > Greetings, and Happy New Year to All!
        > It's time for the Society to be looking at a list of New Year's
        > resolutions, and I've got a few (??) suggestions.

        Tom presented a far-reaching and interesting list of resolutions.
        Here's another from a nit-picking chapter treasurer:

        -- Please don't wait weeks, months (or even years) to deposit checks sent
        by chapters, and encourage districts (especially Mid-Atlantic District)
        to do the same. Thanks