Re: Back to the Contest Song Database

  • Beth Snider
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2000
      --- In bbshop@egroups.com, <jetriple@c...> wrote:

      The "how it is sung" issue is a self fulfilling prophecy IMHO, the
      contest stage is a measuring stick where quartets find out how well
      they perform their selected set. After the contest, this becomes know
      as "experience", and at the next contest this experience can be
      applied.

      --------------------------

      Amen...it's just a list, not a promise!!

      Beth Snider
      Director, Prospective Mountain Breeze Chorus
      Destiny, Lead
      Region 23 – Dahlonega, GA

      Check out our web page: members.tripod.com/MtBreeze
    • Becky Wilkins
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2000
        When I said Music scores partially reflect "how it is sung", I didn't
        say "how WELL it is sung". What I meant was whether it is sung with
        artistry, good vocal production, and a confident vocal presence, and
        whether the group shows mastry of such ideas as harmonic flow,
        finesse, and emotional projection.