Re:rascist barbershop quartet on youtube

  • York, Ashley
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
      2 quick points...

      1) People, even ones who watch YouTube, are not so dense they
      would consider that type of video representative of barbershop harmony.
      It wouldn't be funny if it was the truth. It's humor comes from the
      irony of the contradiction between the message and the messenger.

      2) There are some great young barbershoppers who are "gnats" by
      your definition. Today's generation gets enjoyment from YouTube. It
      doesn't make them a bad barbershopper. Come to Midwinter and you'll see
      a competition of fine choruses that enjoy YouTube, mine included.

      In short, I think you're overreacting. It was a dumb, barely humorous
      video; it was not a viable attack on our hobby.

      -Ashley