Re: Second Edition Latest CD

  • Tim Buell
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2007
      How about a multi-volume set, with 1 or 2 songs from each champ down
      through the years. Maybe their gold-medal winning songs altogether.
      I would bet that would get some interest. Even if it was just
      released by NVR for download to my iPod.

      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "barbershopboy" <grady@...> wrote:

      > Hi guys
      >
      > I suspect the LIST you are referring to is the collection on the
      AIC's
      > webpage (www.AICGold.com). There you can see what's been released on
      > CDs (from the Pittsburghers to Max Q) even tho some are out of
      print.
      > Most are available via the Harmony MarketPlace.
      >
      > As you probably can guess, the cost of re-creating the LPs on CD
      > doesn't always generate enough sales to break even so they will be
      > forever lost commercially.
      >
      > Best bet is to BOOK some of these quartets and hear them in person
      on
      > your show. There are several AIC quartets singing today and some
      even
      > entertain the possibility of coming out of retirement for money.
      >
      > I wonder how many BBSers would travel a great distance to hear
      Second
      > Edition live again. It will be 2014 and their 25th anniversary
      before
      > the AIC will do a Masterworks release of their material and, with
      any
      > luck, they will perform on the AIC show.
      >
      > Till then you'll have to listen to THN and request cuts from their
      > record. Almost Like Being In Love is my favorite cut.
      >
      > grady
      >

      > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Buell" <tpbuell@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I would go so far as to say that it would be nice to have all of
      the
      > > champs CD's re-released, maybe as a Masterworks edition.
      > > as I browse through the list, I
      > > see many gaps where recordings are not available.
      > >
      > > Tim Buell

    • Noriaki Kuramoto
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2007
        I have their CD that Mr. Doug Harrington had sent to me before.
        It is very nice!!

        So I believe he has original one...

        Noriaki, JPN