RE: [bbshop] Re: Kenosha? Nashville?

  • Steve Currington
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31, 2007
      I's go for Kenashville <g>
      or Kenoshville

      S.

      _____

      From: bbshop@yahoogroups.com [mailto:bbshop@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Alexander Boltenko
      Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 5:40 AM
      To: Djbqpa@...
      Cc: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [bbshop] Re: Kenosha? Nashville?

      Why not just Nashville? I joined the Society in 1999 and never heard
      about
      Detroit.

      On 7/31/07, Djbqpa@... <mailto:Djbqpa%40aol.com> <Djbqpa@...
      <mailto:Djbqpa%40aol.com> > wrote:

      > How about the obvious?
      >
      > Harmony Hall South.
      >
      > (8^D)
      >

      > Dick Johnson
      > Great Falls, MT

      Alexander Boltenko
      aboltenko@...
      <mailto:aboltenko%40barbershopharmony.org>
      VP for Marketing and Public Relations
      KALAMAZOO BARBERSHOP CHORUS
      Cell 269-501-SING
      http://barbershopharmony.org <http://barbershopharmony.org>
      Like my domain name?
      Get your ALIAS account from our website!
      Our new CD "The Road We've Traveled"
      Is available at http://barbershopharmony.org/cd_now
      <http://barbershopharmony.org/cd_now> !.htm and
      Logo merchandise at http://cafepress.com/kalamazoo_music
      <http://cafepress.com/kalamazoo_music>

    • Djbqpa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1 7:43 AM
        In a message dated 7/31/07 11:40:20 AM, aboltenko@...
        writes:

        > Why not just Nashville? I joined the Society in 1999 and never heard about
        > Detroit.

        - - - - - - - - - -

        I joined in 1947 - and I never called SPEBSQSA headquarters "Detroit" - ever!

        The offices on Fenkell Ave. was great! And you didn't need to know twenty
        (or more) extension numbers!

        (8^D)

        Dick Johnson
        Great Falls, MT

      • bandit7577
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1 11:18 PM
          I have two suggestions for the new HQ

          Hominy Hall

          or my personal favorite

          the Grand Ole Barbershopry

          Doug Johnson
          Robbinsdale Minnesota

          p.s. on a more personal note, please donate to the Red Cross and help
          to help people and families who survived the terrible bridge collapse
          in Minneapolis last evening during rush hour.

          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "David Updegraff" <DRUPDEGRAFF@...>
          wrote:

          > Good Morning, 'netters:
          >
          > For good or ill, barbershoppers have referred to our home office as
          > Kenosha for these many decades. Now we need to change that; it will
          > no longer be Kenosha. But just as my grandmother used to run through
          > all of her sons' names before getting to the one she was calling for
          > (Lance, Delno, Wilson, JOHNNNNN!), we will likely find ourselves
          > saying "I'm calling Kenosha, uh, Nashville, about that!"
          >
          > So, I propose that we unofficially, as an interim step, refer to the
          > home office as "Kenashville."
          >
          > David Updegraff
          > Tucson
          > (tongue firmly in cheek!)

        • DAVID UPDEGRAFF
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2 8:00 AM
            By the way, in case anyone misunderstood my tongue in cheek reference to
            "Kenashville," let it be known that I think the move is a great idea whose
            time has come! What better place for a music organization to headquarter
            than "Music City?" Thank you, Board of Directors and staff for this
            decision. Kenosha is a place I never visited and am not likely to;
            Nashville, here we come!

            David Updegraff