Re: [bbshop] Heartspring e-mail - disgusting and ruthless

  • Keith Eckhardt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
      I notified NetVision, the web host for HeartSpring, of the unsolicited bulk
      email. Personally, I did NOT meet the conditions they stated in the message
      for the basis of me being a recipient.

      Keith Eckhardt
      FWD Webmaster

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
        It is my understanding that SPEBSQSA has already complained to Heartspring
        for doing this quite a while ago.

        Following is a portion of International's Charitible Mission Statement: It
        was sent to me while I questioned the status of Heartspring and Sing
        America/Sing Canada. Reed a few months ago. Sampson had referred me to this
        statement.

        Jack Wilcox
        River City Chorus
        Mason City, Iowa Chapter SPEBSQSA

        "Unfortunately, the leadership of Heartspring has recently chosen to try to
        divide our charitable efforts by soliciting direct donations from
        Barbershoppers and their chapters. This shocking and unauthorized attempt
        to divide the SPEBSQSA membership has forced the Society to direct
        Heartspring to cease and desist their solicitation of our members. Society
        support of Heartspring has always gone through Harmony Foundation, and
        Heartspring can continue to request future assistance directly from the
        Foundation, but not from our chapters and members"

        .

        At 03:24 PM 7/2/2001 -0000, you wrote:
        >As a barbershopper I personally resent this morning's e-mail
        >solicitation by Heartspring. I find it not only offensive but an
        >insult to barbershoppers everywhere.
        >
        >I am particularly disgusted by their timing!
        >...when they know that Society HQ is shut down this week and member
        >complaints will go un-noticed until at least next Monday.
        >
        >For those who are not aware, the Society oficially severed all
        >relations with Heartspring in January. The solicitation did not come
        >from Kenosha.
        >
        >Howdy Davis - President Batavia NY Chapter
        >31-year Member SPEBSQSA (131273)
        >- writing only on my own behalf

      • Michelle Sell
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
          Howdy Davis, thank you for your response to our first edition of the
          Heartspring E-mail newsletter. Effective today, we have removed your
          name from our newsletter distribution.

          The Heartspring E-mail newsletter is part of a communication plan
          developed to recognize and to keep informed ALL constituents and
          supporters of Heartspring. It is designed to be an informational tool.
          The timing was dictated by Heartsprings commitment to improve
          communications, awareness of Heartspring programs, and recognition of
          supporters beginning with our new fiscal year - July 1, 2001. The
          option to unsubscribe to the Heartspring E-mail newsletter is offered
          with each issue and will be honored immediately.

          Heartspring is dedicated to improving the quality of life for children
          with multiple disabilities and learning differences. This effort is
          supported by the commitment of individuals, foundations, corporations
          and organizations throughout the country. If you do not wish to receive
          the Heartspring E-Mail newsletter, simply unsubscribe.

          Respectfully,
          Michelle Sell
          Director of Fund Development
          Heartspring
          7/2/01

          As a barbershopper I personally resent this morning's e-mail
          solicitation by Heartspring. I find it not only offensive but an
          insult to barbershoppers everywhere.

          I am particularly disgusted by their timing!
          ...when they know that Society HQ is shut down this week and member
          complaints will go un-noticed until at least next Monday.

          For those who are not aware, the Society oficially severed all
          relations with Heartspring in January. The solicitation did not come
          from Kenosha.

          Howdy Davis - President Batavia NY Chapter
          31-year Member SPEBSQSA (131273)
          - writing only on my own behalf

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          ---
          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

          ---
        • djspebs@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
            In a message dated 7/2/01 10:50:55 PM, msell@... writes:

            << The
            option to unsubscribe to the Heartspring E-mail newsletter is offered
            with each issue and will be honored immediately. >>
            -----
            Since it was NOT included in this particular mailing, would you please
            send the necessary information for "unsub" ASAP to all those lists
            you mailed this (and other postings) to?

            Thank You.

            Dick Johnson
            Great Falls, MT
          • wmgcarson@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
              In a message dated 7/2/01 5:51:10 PM, msell@... writes:

              << The Heartspring E-mail newsletter is part of a communication plan
              developed to recognize and to keep informed ALL constituents and
              supporters of Heartspring. It is designed to be an informational tool. >>

              I have no problem with that, and quite frankly, I don't see why anyone else
              does. I was glad to get the newsletter. Having, as Chapter Service
              Chairman, been a Heartspring supporter and contributor for years, I continue
              to be interested in what they're doing.

              I think the Society handled the break with Heartspring very poorly. A year's
              notice of the change would have been wise, to give both barbershoppers and
              Heartspring time to adjust. And why wasn't the Labels for Education program
              emphasized as a way to continue service to Heartspring? The program is in
              place throughout the Society and free.

              Just my opinion,

              Grant Carson
              Self Appointed Harmonet Labels for Education Coordinator for Heartspring