Heartspring e-mail - disgusting and ruthless

  • howdyd@buffnet.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
      As a barbershopper I personally resent this morning's e-mail
      solicitation by Heartspring. I find it not only offensive but an
      insult to barbershoppers everywhere.

      I am particularly disgusted by their timing!
      ...when they know that Society HQ is shut down this week and member
      complaints will go un-noticed until at least next Monday.

      For those who are not aware, the Society oficially severed all
      relations with Heartspring in January. The solicitation did not come
      from Kenosha.

      Howdy Davis - President Batavia NY Chapter
      31-year Member SPEBSQSA (131273)
      - writing only on my own behalf
    • Keith Eckhardt
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
        I notified NetVision, the web host for HeartSpring, of the unsolicited bulk
        email. Personally, I did NOT meet the conditions they stated in the message
        for the basis of me being a recipient.

        Keith Eckhardt
        FWD Webmaster

        > As a barbershopper I personally resent this morning's e-mail
        > solicitation by Heartspring. I find it not only offensive but an
        > insult to barbershoppers everywhere.
        >
        > I am particularly disgusted by their timing!
        > ...when they know that Society HQ is shut down this week and member
        > complaints will go un-noticed until at least next Monday.
        >
        > For those who are not aware, the Society oficially severed all
        > relations with Heartspring in January. The solicitation did not come
        > from Kenosha.
        >
        > Howdy Davis - President Batavia NY Chapter
        > 31-year Member SPEBSQSA (131273)
        > - writing only on my own behalf

      • Jack Wilcox
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
          It is my understanding that SPEBSQSA has already complained to Heartspring
          for doing this quite a while ago.

          Following is a portion of International's Charitible Mission Statement: It
          was sent to me while I questioned the status of Heartspring and Sing
          America/Sing Canada. Reed a few months ago. Sampson had referred me to this
          statement.

          Jack Wilcox
          River City Chorus
          Mason City, Iowa Chapter SPEBSQSA

          "Unfortunately, the leadership of Heartspring has recently chosen to try to
          divide our charitable efforts by soliciting direct donations from
          Barbershoppers and their chapters. This shocking and unauthorized attempt
          to divide the SPEBSQSA membership has forced the Society to direct
          Heartspring to cease and desist their solicitation of our members. Society
          support of Heartspring has always gone through Harmony Foundation, and
          Heartspring can continue to request future assistance directly from the
          Foundation, but not from our chapters and members"

          .

          At 03:24 PM 7/2/2001 -0000, you wrote:
          >As a barbershopper I personally resent this morning's e-mail
          >solicitation by Heartspring. I find it not only offensive but an
          >insult to barbershoppers everywhere.
          >
          >I am particularly disgusted by their timing!
          >...when they know that Society HQ is shut down this week and member
          >complaints will go un-noticed until at least next Monday.
          >
          >For those who are not aware, the Society oficially severed all
          >relations with Heartspring in January. The solicitation did not come
          >from Kenosha.
          >
          >Howdy Davis - President Batavia NY Chapter
          >31-year Member SPEBSQSA (131273)
          >- writing only on my own behalf

        • Michelle Sell
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
            Howdy Davis, thank you for your response to our first edition of the
            Heartspring E-mail newsletter. Effective today, we have removed your
            name from our newsletter distribution.

            The Heartspring E-mail newsletter is part of a communication plan
            developed to recognize and to keep informed ALL constituents and
            supporters of Heartspring. It is designed to be an informational tool.
            The timing was dictated by Heartsprings commitment to improve
            communications, awareness of Heartspring programs, and recognition of
            supporters beginning with our new fiscal year - July 1, 2001. The
            option to unsubscribe to the Heartspring E-mail newsletter is offered
            with each issue and will be honored immediately.

            Heartspring is dedicated to improving the quality of life for children
            with multiple disabilities and learning differences. This effort is
            supported by the commitment of individuals, foundations, corporations
            and organizations throughout the country. If you do not wish to receive
            the Heartspring E-Mail newsletter, simply unsubscribe.

            Respectfully,
            Michelle Sell
            Director of Fund Development
            Heartspring
            7/2/01

            As a barbershopper I personally resent this morning's e-mail
            solicitation by Heartspring. I find it not only offensive but an
            insult to barbershoppers everywhere.

            I am particularly disgusted by their timing!
            ...when they know that Society HQ is shut down this week and member
            complaints will go un-noticed until at least next Monday.

            For those who are not aware, the Society oficially severed all
            relations with Heartspring in January. The solicitation did not come
            from Kenosha.

            Howdy Davis - President Batavia NY Chapter
            31-year Member SPEBSQSA (131273)
            - writing only on my own behalf

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            ---
            Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

            ---
          • djspebs@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
              In a message dated 7/2/01 10:50:55 PM, msell@... writes:

              << The
              option to unsubscribe to the Heartspring E-mail newsletter is offered
              with each issue and will be honored immediately. >>
              -----
              Since it was NOT included in this particular mailing, would you please
              send the necessary information for "unsub" ASAP to all those lists
              you mailed this (and other postings) to?

              Thank You.

              Dick Johnson
              Great Falls, MT
            • wmgcarson@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
                In a message dated 7/2/01 5:51:10 PM, msell@... writes:

                << The Heartspring E-mail newsletter is part of a communication plan
                developed to recognize and to keep informed ALL constituents and
                supporters of Heartspring. It is designed to be an informational tool. >>

                I have no problem with that, and quite frankly, I don't see why anyone else
                does. I was glad to get the newsletter. Having, as Chapter Service
                Chairman, been a Heartspring supporter and contributor for years, I continue
                to be interested in what they're doing.

                I think the Society handled the break with Heartspring very poorly. A year's
                notice of the change would have been wise, to give both barbershoppers and
                Heartspring time to adjust. And why wasn't the Labels for Education program
                emphasized as a way to continue service to Heartspring? The program is in
                place throughout the Society and free.

                Just my opinion,

                Grant Carson
                Self Appointed Harmonet Labels for Education Coordinator for Heartspring