If you're southbound to Nashville...

  • jimstyer@home.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
      A tip for southbound drivers to Nashville:
      Coming south Sunday from Michigan, we got into Kentucky and guessed
      we'd have to gas up before Nashville Several miles north of Bowling
      Green, KY, at a rest stop, I noticed a local newspaper with a big front
      page story on gas prices. It said that the Kentucky average is $1.42,
      but for some undetermined reason, the average in Bowling Green is $1.13.
      Lucky I saw that paper. When we got to BG, however, we couldn't get to
      the right quickly enough to get off at the exit, because of
      construction. So we went on to the next exit. And gas there was $1.09!!!!

      --jim--
      jimstyer@...
    • acapellagirl3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
        The further sound you go in Kentucky the cheaper the gas is. Louisville has
        reformulated gas which is more expensive.  So if you need gas either get it
        in Southern Indiana or it starts to get cheaper once you get to
        Elizabethtown.  Hope everyone has a great time in Nashville!  Wish I could be
        there!

        Jennifer L. Brooks
        P. Kentucky Sound
        Region 4
        Bass, Section Leader,
        PR and Marketing Director,
        Management Team

      • William Young
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
          There's a good website for gas prices:

          www.gaspricewatch.com

          You can search by zip code or city name.

          See y'all in Nashville!

          Bill Young
          William B. Young
          Runner - Railwayman - Raconteur - All-Around Good Egg
          Simpsonville SC 29680-7048
          <wbyoung@...>
          Baritone Power Wedge
          Big Chicken Chorus 1999 3d Place Bronze Medalists
          SiNG! and Nashville bound!
          Baritones are born, not made.
          When you're outa baritones, you're outa barbershop.
          HarmoNet/Harmonize the world!