GLAD - WOW

  • SWDRoundup@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2001
      Awesome!
      I can't see them via the webcast but i'll bet they have the special mics.
      What an incredible sound!

      Wish we were there!

      Everyone should give a special pat on the back to Scott Hoge for getting this
      all set up. (applause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

      grady

    • Sonny Griffith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2001
        I just wish we could hear them talking as easily as we can hear them
        singing. Still glad to be able to hear the singing!

        Sonny Griffith
        Greencastle, Indiana
        Cardinal District
        Arriving in Nashville on Tuesday night, ready to cheer on Jake!

        Want to hear the best in A Capella and Barbershop singing LIVE from June
        30-July 7...for FREE?? For more info go to
        http://www.spebsqsa.org/2001/webcast.htm
      • goldmedl@theramp.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2 7:17 AM
          At 11:22 PM 6/30/01 EDT, you wrote:
          >Awesome!
          >I can't see them via the webcast but i'll bet they have the special mics.
          >What an incredible sound!

          GLAD has been one of my favorite a cappella groups for some time now.

          Several years ago, I was indeed on my way home from a quartet rehearsal one
          night and scanning through the radio stations (1 hr. drive), when I heard
          this glorious music pouring out of the speakers (WMBI-90.1 FM Chicago).
          Suffice it to say I was on a mission to find their recordings for several
          days - hard to find in retail outlets, sorry to say, as barbershop
          recordings!!! I finally found them at a Christian bookstore.

          Needless to say, I played them for Jay who was then inspired to make a
          4-part arr. of "In the First Light" which will be recorded on the New
          Tradition's new upcoming holiday recording to be released this coming
          fall/winter.

          Indeed, GLAD was one of the groups that made me very sorry to not be able
          to hear the SING productions in person.

          See you all in Nashville!

          Helen Giallombardo
          goldmedl@...
          http://www.gsbmedalmusic.com
          http://www.newtradition.org
        • CASAJersey@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4 7:50 AM
            goldmedl@... writes:

            << Indeed, GLAD was one of the groups that made me very sorry to not be able
            to hear the SING productions in person.

            See you all in Nashville! >>

            GLAD was good, and very talented, and I respect their message and their
            faith, but I have one thing to summarize my opinion of them. They were the
            only mild dissapointment I had at SING!. One reason only: TRACKS! That
            just _bothered_ me.

            Sorry I'm still not there! Greetings from California <my vacation continues>!

            In Harmony,
            :-) Rich Pearson
            CASA North Jersey Ambassador
            and host of....
            The "Vocal Maximum" Show
            WRPR 90.3FM, Mahwah, NJ
            New Day & Time announced 9/15!

            PS -- Oh, forgot to mention something else.....Thanks to For Heaven's Sake
            and Millenium for donating CDs to my show by handing them to me in Nashville.
            I'm looking forward to listening to them when I get home, and getting them
            on the air first thing in the fall! Also, thanks to Riptide and the
            Showvinistics for promising their catalogs as well. - R
          • Don Gooding
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 9 3:19 PM
              At 10:50 AM 7/4/2001 EDT, CASAJersey@... wrote:
              >In a message dated 7/2/01 7:45:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
              >goldmedl@... writes:
              >
              ><< Indeed, GLAD was one of the groups that made me very sorry to not be able
              > to hear the SING productions in person.
              >
              > See you all in Nashville! >>
              >
              >GLAD was good, and very talented, and I respect their message and their
              >faith, but I have one thing to summarize my opinion of them. They were the
              >only mild dissapointment I had at SING!. One reason only: TRACKS! That
              >just _bothered_ me.

              I have to add my disappointment. I'm a huge GLAD fan - I love their
              sophisticated arrangements, their incredible blend... but to see them
              perform live with not only rhythm tracks but vocal tracks... I was not the
              only one who wondered if at times they were lip synching to the tracks.
              Others also thought the bass in particular was at least occasionally taking
              vocal breaks in the middle of the song. As far as I could tell, there was
              just one song on which they performed 100% live a cappella.

              Beyond that, though, the weekend was a blast for Kate and me. I'll admit
              to being a bit nervous as The House Jacks took stage... here's a group on
              our record label, performing rock a cappella for barbershoppers... how
              would they be received? I breathed a sigh of relief somewhere during the
              tremendous applause that met their performance. It was in a way validation
              for starting the first a cappella catalog nearly 10 years ago that catered
              to all styles of singing - a validation that good singers will at least
              respect, and in many cases enjoy, great a cappella singing no matter what
              the style.

              I look forward to helping make the next similar a cappella event happen!

              Don Gooding
              Mainely A CAPPELLA http://www.a-cappella.com
              don@... P.O. Box 159/19 Clark Point Rd. #3
              800-827-2936 Southwest Harbor, ME 04679
              207-244-7603 (overseas calls) 207-244-7613 (fax)
              WEB STORE: http://mac3.a-cappella.com/shop
              Now with more than 15,000 sound files!