CD recorder

  • GrifSing@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2007
      To all my good friends who answered my call for help in finding a CD recorder
      -- here is my solution:
      I purchased a Sony RCD-W500C CD Recorder that can feed off my RCA audio
      outputs on my Sony DVD recorder, which in turn is fed by my Sony mini-Digital
      camera.
      This allows taping contests events, making a DVD and CD at the same time.
      They must be finalized later, since there is not enough time between competitors.
      The next chore was to find a source for jet printer printable CDs, that were
      made for Audio/Music. Most electronic stores do not stock these.
      Found those also, so now I'm set for the next District Contest.
      Email me if you are interested in the sources for these items.

      M. D. Griffith -- Houston Tidelanders

    • Chris Slacke
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2007
        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, GrifSing@... wrote:

        > To all my good friends who answered my call for help in finding a
        CD recorder
        > -- here is my solution:
        > I purchased a Sony RCD-W500C CD Recorder that can feed off my RCA
        audio
        > outputs on my Sony DVD recorder, which in turn is fed by my Sony
        mini-Digital
        > camera.
        > This allows taping contests events, making a DVD and CD at the same
        time.
        > They must be finalized later, since there is not enough time
        between competitors.
        > The next chore was to find a source for jet printer printable CDs,
        that were
        > made for Audio/Music. Most electronic stores do not stock these.
        > Found those also, so now I'm set for the next District Contest.
        > Email me if you are interested in the sources for these items.
        >
        > M. D. Griffith -- Houston Tidelanders

        There is another method that eliminates the need to
        finalize CDS. I've been doing the audio/video recording
        and sound reinforcement for Region 15 for 17 years now,
        and when we converted to all digital last year, we found
        a few shortcuts to save time and lessen the risk of
        lost performance recordings. (We've never lost one)

        Record performances to a digital recorder, for example
        a Marantz PMD660. Then port to one of two laptops/desktops
        using USB for conversion to CD. You can record in MP3,
        which eliminates the need for conversion, or as a WAV.
        You can even set up a small network at your workstation
        to simplify things. My videographer uses a similar
        method, recording files and burning to DVD on a
        separate server with multiple burners. We typically
        deliver all the CDs and DVDs within 90 minutes of
        the conclusion of the competition. (One difference
        that really impacts the quality in a positive way:
        we use a Sony 3-chip professional camera with a
        very powerful zoom, allowing us to do quality
        closeups from 75' away. We also record a safety to
        digital tape in the camera.

        For printing, all the retail computer stores carry
        printable CDS, and prices are dropping continually. For
        a printer, it's tough to beat the Epson series of
        printers that are CD capable. Cheap and durable.

        If you'd like more details, drop me a line.

        Chris Slacke
      • Walter Dods
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2007
          I have a piece of software called "Freecorder" which allows you to record
          anything that goes through your soundcard on your computer. It records it as
          an MP3 file and then you can burn it onto CD.

          You can get a free version of this software, but if you purchase the license
          it doubles the quality of the recording.

          Walter Dods

          Lead

          The Rolling Hills Chorus, British Assocation of Barbershop Singers

          &

          The Chorus of the Chesapeake, Dundalk Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony
          Society

          Former Lead

          Celtic Connection Winners of the Inaugural BABS Scratch Quartet Contest

          Former Tenor, Lead & Bass

          Easy Street Quartet

          Former Tenor

          Borderline Quartet