SAI Region 13 webcast - thanks!

  • Susan Soderberg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007
      What a weekend!

      Those of you who tuned in to the Region 13 webcast saw/heard an
      awesome regional contest, with Pacific Sound and Mojo winning gold
      medals. You also saw well-prepared upcoming choruses and quartets
      VERY close on their heels. Thank you for watching and supporting the
      webcast effort with your generous donations to help defray expenses.
      You guys are the BEST!

      I am humbled by the efforts of those who made this a success.

      Many have raved about how prepared and professional the commentators
      were. Huge thanks to Sue Beck, Charlene O'Connor and Shirley Roberts
      for insight, interest and an enhanced listening experience. They
      know their stuff!

      Yes, there are still some challenges with webcasting. Adrian
      Leontovich is my hero - efficiently setting up, staying calm in any
      storm and working hard to make the feed the very best it could
      possibly be. No wonder he was EVG Barbershopper of the Year - and I
      haven't even had the pleasure of hearing him sing yet!

      Sue Middleton designed the log-on page on Region 13's website and
      worked closely with Adrian to make it user-friendly and function
      flawlessly. If my 82-year-old dad could figure out how log on to
      listen (even with dial-up), anyone can. Sue is a gem!

      Last but not least, Region 13 is grateful to Evergreen District for
      having the foresight to procure equipment and allow Adrian the
      opportunity to provide a very welcome service to us. Our experiment
      is successful and opens the door to future collaboration in many
      areas of common interest.

      Susan Soderberg
      Team Coordinator, Region 13 sairegion13.org
      Team Manager, Pacific Sound Chorus (Contestant #28 in Honolulu!)
      pacificsound.org
      Director Nominee, Pacific Barbershop Summit barbershopsummit.org