Keepsake

  • lisaacson12345
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      This past weekend, Keepsake was the guest quartet at the Plano Men
      of Note Chapter Shows. It was a great thrill to hear them in person
      for the first time, and to get a chance to sing a polecat with them
      was an experience I won't forget. Many barbershop luminaries turned
      out, incluing Bill Thornton and Gary Parker of the Dealer's Choice.
      To see those two sing with Tony DeRosa and Don Barnick gave me
      goosebumps.

      As I was hearing Keepsake, I kept thinking about Vocal Spectrum who
      sang on the VM's Fall show and dazzled us all last year in Indy. I
      thought how different the two quartets were, but yet both so
      excellent in their own way. Time does indeed march on, and when I
      think of Vocal Spectrum, how they sing and the way they carry
      themselves, I am proud and hopeful of the Society's future. I guess
      I kind of associate Vocal Spectrum with the new faces and sound of
      the Society- from Four Voices, to Realtime to OC Times, and of
      course, Westminster. They are raising the bar and I love it. But,
      one thing we should remember is that us older guys are role models
      for them- not only are they are looking to us as examples of how to
      conduct themselves as singers, but also as men of good will and
      honesty. I hope I can conduct myself accordingly and be worthy of an
      organization that attracts such fine young men.

      On to Denver- good luck to all competitors!

      Lars Isaacson
      Lead, VM
      Baritone, Texas Millionaires