Monday Nights With Joaner ~ 4/30/2007 Playlist

  • JoanerSings@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 8:17 AM
      Last night of April...last chance to give a nod to the Wacky Holidays of the Month! My Ten PM Triple Trivia Contest recognized International Walk Day, celebrated TODAY, April 30th.

      1 - ACCOUSTIX - You'll Never Walk Alone

      2 - THE NEW TRADITION - That Charlie Chaplin Walk

      3 - MAX Q - When My Sugar Walks Down the Street

      One again...in my opinion, easy contest...and NO winner!

      * * PLAYLIST for April 30, 2007 * *

      THE NYLONS ...... Stars Are Ours (Opening Theme)

      THE 4 FRESHMEN ...... Straighten Up And Fly Right (Alcohol Free Weekend, April 6 - 8) .... Unforgettable (For my Old Quartet of the same name!)

      ST. LOUIS HARMONY ...... Come In From The Rain (April showers bring May flowers!) .... All That Jazz (Jazz Appreciation Month)

      HEART OF TEXAS ...... (National Inspirational News Week, April 16 - 22) .... There's A Meetin' Here Tonight .... He's Got The Whole World In His Hands .... Operator .... Let There Be Peace On Earth

      SYNCHRONICITY ...... (Don't Go to Work Unless It's Fun Day, 4-3) .... Ain't We Got Fun .... Mood Indigo.... What'll I Do? (Plan your epitaph day)

      THE NYLONS ...... (Ex-Spouse's Day, Good Friday) .... That Kind Of Man .... Kiss Him Goodbye

      THE GOLDEN STATERS ...... (Barbershop Quartet Day, 4-11) .... Barbershop Time .... Oh, How We Roared In The Twenties

      VOX ONE ...... On Green Dolphin Street (Sorry Charlie Day, 4-6) (...Only the BEST tuna get to be Bumblebee ... you have to be pretty old to get THAT reference!) .... You Don't Know What Love Is (Ex-Spouse's Day)

      SOUND OF THE ROCKIES ......There Goes My Heart / Broken Hearted Medley (Ex-Spouse's Day) .... The Pirate Song (I Want To Dance And Sing) (Don't Go To Work Unless It's Fun Day)

      THE REGION 21 SAI CHAMPIONSHIP QUARTET CHORUS ...... (Barbershop Quartet Day) ....Let's Sing Again .... We Kinda Miss The Good Old Songs .... I Am A Singer .... Gee, But It's Good To Be Here

      GLAD ...... (Lover's Day, 4-23) .... The Girl I Love .... Our Love Is here To Stay .... Embraceable You

      JAMBALAYA .... (Lover's Day) .... Kiss .... The Key To Success With The Beautiful Girls .... Hooked On A Feeling

      DEBUT ...... (Lover's Day) .... Fit As A Fiddle .... Wink & A Smile

      VOCAL MAJORITY ...... (Lover's Day) .... I Never Knew I Could Love Anybody / You Were Meant For Me Medley .... Come Take Your Place In My Hearrt .... Girl Of My Dreams .... The Sweetheart Of Signa Chi

      PRIDE OF KENTUCKY .... (Lover's Day) .... I Only Have Eyes For You (For My Grandma, who always used to sing it!) .... If I Give My Heart To You .... If You Love Me (Really Love Me) .... Angry / Won't You Come Home Bill Bailey Medley (Reconciliation Day, 4-2)

      GOLD CITY ...... (Reconciliation Day) .... Sing With The Angels .... Ezekiel Saw The Wheel .... I'm Gonna Move

      GO FISH ...... (Reconciliation Day) .... Part Of The Proof .... New Heart

      THE FIREMEN ...... (Reconciliation Day) .... Nothing But Loud .... The Little Girl

      DALLAS KNIGHTS ...... Nobody Knows What A Red Head Mama Can Do (Red Hat Society Day, 4-25 ... For Marge Priddy!) .... Stairway To The Stars (Look Up At The Sky Day, 4-14)

      JERSEY TRANSIT ...... Lady Marmalade's Haircut (Hairstylist's Appreciation Day, 4-30) .... Why Walk? (International Walk Day) .... I'll Meet You On The Vineyard (for Ross McCurdy and Marianne Dagher, who never quite made it into the chatroom tonight)

      CLOCKWORK ...... Rhode Island Is Famous For You (For Coastline Show Chorus ...with whom I will have my FIRST performance at the Region 1 SAI contest on Saturday Night!)

      * * * *
      The Harmony Network has several live shows which all air from 7 PM to 11 PM Eastern Time

      MONDAYS ~ "Monday Nights With Joaner" ~ hosted by Jeanie "Joaner" Garrett, formerly of Ramapo Valley Chorus, now with the Coastline Show Chorus! ... features Men's and Women's Barbershop, Mixed Quartets and Choruses , Vocal Jazz, High School and College a Cappella, Contemporary a Capella, Gospel, Doo Wop, and more! Triple Trivia Contest every week at 10 PM ... guess the artists and win a free CD!

      TUESDAYS ~ "The Best Of Both Worlds" ~ hosted by Ari Brafman, of The Rahway Valley Barberhop Harmony Society Chapter ... features many different genres of music, each cut followed by an a cappella version of the same song.

      THURSDAYS ~ "The Applause Show" ~ hosted by Rich Taylor ... Director of the Rahway Valley Barbershop Harmony Society Chapter ... and of notori ety in the Barberhop and A capella world with accomplishments too numerous to list here! This Original Flagship Show of the station features the best of barbershop, contemporary a cappella, vocal jazz, gospel, doo wop, and more.

      SUNDAYS ~ "Sunday Nights With Vinnie" ~ available when Vinnie is NOT on duty as one of New York's Finest! Vinnie is a Police Officer and former Doo Wop singer who is now in The Big Apple Chorus. He likes to play cuts from his own private collection, as well as using our shared station library of barbershop and other a cappella music.

      During our live shows, you can call us toll free at the studio at
      1-877-THN-SONG
      OR...for the numerically challenged...
      1-US-RUIN-SONG
      Finally..for the alphabetically challenged:
      1-877-846-7664

      There is a barbershop chatroom used by the Harmonet folks, and also by people
      who wish to chat with us during our live broadcasts. Its is at
      www.starchat.net
      and the name of the chatroom is "bbshop" You must have java chat downloaded.
      Click on CHAT, then simply enter your nickname (line one...change it from
      "guest"..and change thegroup name to "bbshop" ( on the third line) (no need to
      enter a password on line 2...just leave it blank)

      Groups who would like thier music played to our worldwide listening audience can
      do so by sending three copies to:

      The Harmony Network
      41 Watchung Plaza, #222, Montclair, NJ 07042 ...

      Check out our website at: www.harmonize.com/THN

      We need your donations to keep this t o tally voluntary and listener supported venture afloat, spreading the love of our music to a world wide audience! We provide information to the general pub lic o n h ow to contact the various singing organizations who send us CDs. So get your group to donate the proceeds of a performance to THE HARMONY NETWORK, or take up a collection at your rehearsal!

      We are now a 501 (c) (3) organization, and all donations made to us are now and since our inception are retroactively TAX DEDUCTIBLE!

      Pay Pal is now available to make it simple for you to donate. Check at the website, www.harmonize.com/THN

      You can also mail us a check made out to:
      The Harmony Network
      41 Watchung Plaza, #222, Montclair, NJ 07042

      The Harmony Network is a totally listener supported Radio Station
      that can also be heard worldwide over the internet at

      www.villageradio.com

      Option 2: If you have troubletuning in, try going thru this link:

      http://theharmonynetwork.cjb.net/

      Option 3: Start up Windows Media Player. Click FILE then OPEN URL and paste in this:

      http://www.live365.com/play/293967

      Click OK and after maybe 5 or 10 seconds it should start to play. If you prefer WinAmp to Media Player it works there too.

      We feature Barbershop, Vocal Jazz, Con temporary a cappella, Gospel, and MORE!

      Yours in Harmony,

      Jeanie "Joaner" Garrett
      for THN