"The Melody Lingers On: - A Tribute to Irving Berlin"

  • Christopher Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 3:07 AM
      For Immediate Release

      Surfside Barbershop Harmony Chorus announces its 52nd annual show -

      "The Melody Lingers On: - A Tribute to Irving Berlin"

      Irving Berlin was America's foremost composer of popular songs having
      written over three thousand of them. Our Barbershop Harmony show
      includes performances from our members as Surfside Chorus and in our
      Chapter quartets [Surftones, 3 Nice Guys, & Country Squires]. The
      show is a musical review with commentary from Irving Berlin himself.
      The show also will feature our headliners, "The Humdingers" from a
      well-known, mouse-oriented theme park singing, dancing and playing
      the unique organ chimes.

      Tickets for "The Melody Lingers On" matinee are fifteen dollars
      [$15.00] for adults and five dollars [$5.00] for students, general
      seating. Tickets for the evening performance are twenty dollars
      [$20.00] for adults and five dollars [$5.00] for students, general
      seating. Group discounts are available for groups of twenty or more
      for either show. For Group rate tickets, call FUN-290-3452. Tickets
      are available from any chorus member or from the News-Journal Center
      [http://www.news-journalcenter.com/%5d.

      "The Melody Lingers On" will be presented at 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
      on Saturday, May 12, 2007, at the News-Journal Center in downtown
      Daytona Beach. Box office and doors open one half hour before show time.

      A portion of the proceeds from the show will benefit the American
      Lung Association North Area office in Daytona Beach
      [http://www.lungfla.org/%5d. There's nothing more natural than a group
      of singers promoting breathing. The ALA of Florida is our official
      local charity. Our singers range in age from 40 to 80 and represent
      all occupations from laborers to doctors. We sing for the simple joy
      of singing in an American original vocal style - Barbershop harmony.

      There will also be a Barbershop Harmony Afterglow at the Dancing
      Avocado on Beach Street immediately following the conclusion of the
      evening performance of "The Melody Lingers On." Tickets for Afterglow
      are ten dollars and fifty cents [$10.50] and include a varied menu
      and an improptu show featuring all the quartets from "The Melody
      Lingers On." Afterglow is a Barbershop term for an event [usually
      with food and drink] following a performance, rehearsal or Chapter
      meeting. Our Afterglow is open to the public as long as tickets last.
      Afterglow tickets must be reserved BEFORE the show. No Afterglow
      tickets will be available at the door. It's a fabulous opportunity to
      see Barbershop Harmony from the other side of the curtain and enjoy
      more singing and fun. Call FUN-290-3452 for Afterglow tickets.

      For more information please visit:

      http://www.surfsidechorus.org/shows.htm

      and we'll see you there!

      -30-

      Also attached is our show flyer and two radio PSAs in :30 and :60
      second formats. Please give them as much exposure as you can.

      Thanks.

      KTWWS!
      Christopher

      Bass, Surfside Chorus
      President, Daytona Beach Metro

      Bass Section Leader

      Webmaster,
      www.surfsidechorus.org

      Bass, Surftones,
      www.surftones.net

      Barbershop Harmony Weblog:
      http://barbershopharmony.blogspot.com/

      Sunshine District 2000/2001 Plateau AA Champions

      Barbershop Harmony Society

      Every Tuesday Night in Bldg 230 Purple, Room 123 at 1830 ET
      Daytona Beach Community College
      Main Campus Choral Room
      1200 W. International Speedway Blvd.
      Daytona Beach, FL 32114

      Barbershop Harmony is an authentic and original American musical art form

      Surfside Chorus is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization

    • Christopher Baker