Two dollar arrangement $15

  • Burt Szabo
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2007
      Hello barbershoppers - -

      Well, April is almost history and it's time for another
      two dollar arrangment. If you are reading about this
      for the first time, here's the story. Each month I
      make available to barbershoppers, through the Harmonet,
      an arrangement of an old song that I'm pretty sure no
      one knows. My collection of old sheet music contains
      many pre-1922 gems that are ideal for a barbershop
      treatment. Each one is announced before the first of
      the new month, and the arrangement is yours for the
      price of a $2 bill, sent to me at the address below,
      postpaid anywhere on the planet. I alternate ballads
      and uptunes every other month. The catch is - you
      won't know the title of the song until you open your
      mail.

      Arrangement #15 is an emotionally strong ballad from
      the year 1919. It was composed by two of America's
      greatest songwriters, Abe Oleman and Jack Yellin. I
      think, and I've been assured, that an International
      Champion quartet sang it in the International Contest
      in the 1940s, but I've never heard anyone sing it
      live. I have heard an old 78rpm (remember those?)
      recording of it. The lyric is powerful - maybe a
      decade or two ahead ot its time. It sounds like a
      lyric from the 30s or 40s. And, yes, it's solid
      barbershop throughout. If your quartet likes a song
      they can sink their teeth into, this may be just the
      thing. And you'll love the tag.

      Oh, yes - - some 'Netters claim they don't grow two
      dollar bills where they live. Well, ones will do, or
      half a four dollar bill - - anythng worth two bucks.
      #15 will go in the mail starting May 1 and, yes,
      previous issues of $2 arrangements are always
      available, starting with #1. I'll send them all if
      you want them. All provide great reading enjoyment and
      are good contest material. Thanks - and RING THOSE
      CHORDS!!

      Burt Szabo
      burtszabo@...
      407-381-5203

      525 Conway Rd. #221
      Azalea Park, FL 32807
    • Rich Hasty
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2007
        I have an Eight dollar arrangement for $60 for sale.

        Rich