Re: [bbshop] Script Information

  • Bill Rashleigh
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2007
      Hi Dave:

      The script was produced for the 2005 Harmony College Show. It is a tech rehearsal for a Barbershop show in which everything goes wrong. It is a generic show, in that a chorus can sing practically anything from the risers and it fits the thread of a storyline that weaves its way through the script. There are some very hilarious moments. If your stage has a trap door, it is called for in the script...someone gets stuck in it for the length of the show. If you don't have a trap door, but have a hydralic pit, a trap door extension can be built to meet the needs. There is a bass who plays the lead actor and his goal is to propose to his girl friend Maggie. Everything he touches has wet paint on it. At the end of the show, he sings a Kaereoke (sp) version of You Light Up My Live and the pitch changes up to an octave and 1/2 by the end of the song.

      It is an easy show to produce and fun for the cast, chorus and audience. I hope this helps.

      Bill Rashleigh
      author of the show

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28, 2007
        The Arlingtones of Virginia used a good part of the script in the second
        half of its Spring Show last month. We didn't do the slapstick, but some of
        the technical glitches with lights and sound ere easy to pull off, and the
        Stage Manager was there making notes. As a side note, the creator of the
        Stage Manager character, Chris Buechler, was in the Sound Booth at the
        Arlingtones' show, creating the scheduled mayhem.

        Always to take advantage of the Genius of Bill Rashleigh.

        Actively,

        Tom

        Tom Wiener

        Bari

        Seven Thirty-four, A Barbershop Quartet

        Music Director

        The Arlingtones Barbershop Chorus of Virginia

        Manager of Member Services, AHSOW

        2403 Lisbon Lane

        Alexandria VA 22306

        703-768-9522

        t.wiener@...

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 30, 2007
          Thanks to everyone who responded, including Bill Rashleigh who authored
          the script. It sounds like a fun script and one that we'll consider.

          Dave
          --- Bill Rashleigh <b_rashleigh@...> wrote:

          > Hi Dave:
          >
          > The script was produced for the 2005 Harmony College Show. It is a
          > tech rehearsal for a Barbershop show in which everything goes wrong.
          > It is a generic show, in that a chorus can sing practically anything
          > from the risers and it fits the thread of a storyline that weaves its
          > way through the script. There are some very hilarious moments. If
          > your stage has a trap door, it is called for in the script...someone
          > gets stuck in it for the length of the show. If you don't have a
          > trap door, but have a hydralic pit, a trap door extension can be
          > built to meet the needs. There is a bass who plays the lead actor
          > and his goal is to propose to his girl friend Maggie. Everything he
          > touches has wet paint on it. At the end of the show, he sings a
          > Kaereoke (sp) version of You Light Up My Live and the pitch changes
          > up to an octave and 1/2 by the end of the song.
          >
          > It is an easy show to produce and fun for the cast, chorus and
          > audience. I hope this helps.
          >
          > Bill Rashleigh
          > author of the show

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Jim Adams
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 30, 2007
            The question was asked, which chapters have used it. Note that Bill's own RTP General Assembly is performing the show this weekend in Raleigh. Bill, I don't recall that the stage you are using has a trap door. What are you doing instead?

            Jim Adams
            Lead - Heart Of Carolina
            Lead - Prism

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 30, 2007
              The stage we are using has a hydralic pit, so we are building a trap door to attach to that and then raise it to stage height. The trap door will be downstage of the apron, but it will still allow the gag to work.

              Bill