Another techie software question

  • Lisa
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2007
      You guys were so great helping me parse my .wma files (THANKS AGAIN
      BTW) that I know just who to come to for my next question.

      My chorus has a song they want to sing with a rhythm track.
      Unfortunately, now we've learned the song and tried to marry it to
      the track we found that we actually want to sing it more uptempo
      which means we need the track speeded up (without affecting the pitch
      of the percussion). We were recommended to:
      ---------------------------
      "The Amazing Slowdowner." cost about $40.
      [http://www.ronimusic.com/slowdown.htm%5d
      -------------------------------------
      Now apparently there was a free version that someone in our chorus
      played with to help slow down our learning tracks (to help our non-
      music readers learn those tricky bits more accruately) and said it
      was pretty hard to use and only did a part of the track. Has anyone
      used the full version, how easy was it to use? How successful was it.

      Does anyone have any recommendations for other software that maybe
      able to do this? relatively simply would be the word(s) of the day.

      Private replies: hills_ten @ yahoo.com <-remove spaces

      Thanks
      Lisa Hills
      Lead, Westcoast Harmony Chorus
      Lead, Lions Gate Chorus
      Soprano 1: Soundscape Chorus
      Proud member of Region #26 - SAI
    • Alex Beamish
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2007
        I can recommend two pieces of software for you, Audacity (
        http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/) and Goldwave (
        http://www.goldwave.com/). Either one should handle what you want to do.

        Alex

        --