My Lloyd Steinkamp story

  • Djbqpa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
      The only connection to BBShop this story contains is the time and the
      place of the event. It occurred during the very first Harmony College
      in Racine, WI, where some of us were gathered to try to qualify for
      Judges under the (old) New ARR category. In that group were two
      of my most favorite funny people - Freddie King and Unkalloyd.

      After the late session on the first or second day, the group gathered
      in the Rec. room for an R&R meeting. Very soon after the beginning
      I happened to recite one of my favorite Limericks. That began what
      turned out to be about an hour of nonstop Limerick "telling" with
      the above-mentioned duo joining in with *their* favorites! I know
      I didn't make a 33.33% contribution to the session because it was
      difficult to squeeze my offerings into that combo!

      In all that time not *ONE* Limerick was repeated - and the original
      ones that we recited (unfamiliar to the other 20+ guys in the room)
      got the biggest laughs of all.

      Were all of them fit for *General Audience* ears?

      (8^D)

      DJ in MT