Re: [bbshop] You've got mail announcement

  • Travis Murray
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
      http://www.harmonize.com/Metropolis/Mail%20Sounds.htm

      Travis Murray
      Bari - Quadzilla
      http://www.quadzillasings.com

      On 1/2/07, Stu Wineberg <harmonet@...> wrote:

      > I'm sure that some time ago, someone posted a URL to a file which
      > played an MP3 file to be used as an announcement within an email program.
      >
      > Any chance that any of you all-knowledgeable people could let me know
      > where it is?
      >
      > Many thanks in advance
      >
      > Stu Wineberg
      >
      > I'd like to teach the world to sing
      > in four part harmony (Barbershop of course!)

    • bearwest
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
        Several have asked about my ref to "Val and Burt"....that's Val Hicks, and
        Burt Staffen...both peers of Lloyd way back in the early days of the FWD.

        bear
      • Bob Patterson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
          One thing you can say about Lloyd, one story/email isn't enough.

          He sang in the two funniest quartets ever, Desert Knights and Music Appreciation 101.

          Later he sang with The Singing Padres, who entered the Pal-Pac Comedy Quartet
          Contest. When he heard that there weren't many entrants, he put together another
          package with the same four people. The result was the late entrants, with their hastly put together package beat the The Singing Padres, with a package they had been performing for years.

          Bob Patterson, Bari
          Tortilla Flats