Re(2): [bbshop] Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath ùr!

  • John Hosie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      It seems to me that before one starts trying out one's ethnic wit in public,
      one would want to at least have an understanding of which ethnic group one
      was talking about.

      Men of Harlech, though a wonderful song that has brought tears to my eyes
      every time I've heard it since seeing the movie, Zulu, is neither Scot nor
      Irish in origin. It is Welsh. Look it up in Wikipedia.

      Leave it to a Baritone...

      Sincerely,
      John W. Hosie III
      (301) 509 1089

      Re(2): [bbshop] Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath �r!
      Posted by: "Bill Young" wbyoung@...
      Date: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:16 pm ((PST))

      Let me guess: you have the lead hang the "a" in "mhath" and then repeat
      the
      phrase, with all sliding into the "�r", right? Who was the arranger, St
      Patrick or Robert the Bruce? Maybe it was sung by the early chorus "Men
      of
      Harlech". <g>

      <snip>

      Your Hotmail address already works to sign into Windows Live Messenger! Get
      it now