RE: [bbshop] Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath ù r!

  • Walter Dods
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2006
      My Dear John

      I have to say that I feel really sorry for you if you cannot see what I was
      saying had more than a pinch of tongue in cheek.

      If you are so narrow minded to take any other attitude, well all I can say
      is that you are more to be pity that scolded.

      My main objective was to lift spirits and make people laugh rather than put
      them down.

      We have a tradition in my country of pulling someone’s leg. And we are
      merciless in our retorts.

      Can I ask you what you mean by small minorities? As I am after all the
      original white Anglo-Saxon protestant.

      I was and I am firstly a Barbershopper, and I was purely taking the Mickey
      out of a fellow Barbershopper and their response to an earlier posting.

      You have managed to take what I said in my original message, which by the
      way was a warm fraternal greeting (In my native tongue) to all my barbershop
      friends throughout the world during our festive season and turn it into the
      rants of some small minded extremists.

      Walter Dods

      Lead

      Life's A Pitch Quartet

      &
      The Rolling Hills Chorus

      Former Lead

      Celtic Connection Winners of the Inaugural BABS Scratch Quartet Contest

      Former Tenor, Lead & Bass

      Easy Street Quartet

      Former Tenor

      Borderline Quartet

      British Assocation of Barbershop Singers

      _____