Re: realtimes CD

  • Martin Grandahl
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
      > I agree, Realtimes cd is very very very very good. but also, I
      absolutly
      > LOVE the artwork in the insert. it is a nice use of red's greens and
      > yellows, sorry, its the artist coming out in me.

      It's actually the same artist that did the painting for their first CD
      - there's information on him in the insert - and a website address.

      That's such a great direction to go for CD artwork....traditional
      (non-computer-generated) art. Much like Keepsake did for their first
      two CDs...

      --
      Martin Grandahl
      www.theAfterglowLounge.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
        Actually, the cover art for Realtime's cds and SAI Lionsgate Chorus' cd was done by John Newell's brother-in-law, Phil Alain. I believe there's a link to some more of his work via the Realtime website (links page).

        Phil has done some incredible work and does an amazing job of capturing the exciting elements of the best of barbershop...I'm sure he'd be interested in doing more!

        Tim

        James Trapp <jamesqtrapp@...> wrote:
        I agree, Realtimes cd is very very very very good. but also, I absolutly
        LOVE the artwork in the insert. it is a nice use of red's greens and
        yellows, sorry, its the artist coming out in me.

        Jimmy Quentin Trapp
        Lead - Pride Of Iowa Chorus