Zamboni Brothers

  • David K. Brennan
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2006
      I just returned home from a program here in Huntsville, AL called A
      Festival of Sacred Christmas Music. Groups featured on the program
      included college choirs, an ensemble from the community chorus, solos,
      ukelele band, violin, harp, etc. One of the ensembles was Voices of Lee
      who sang at our international convention.

      The most musical and best received group, however, was the Zamboni
      Brothers, the Dixie District Quartet Champion from a couple of years ago.
      Lead Tim Reynolds of Riptide fame was flawless as usual and was
      excellently accompanied by brother Allen Reynolds on tenor. Brian
      Williams blended in with his warm, solid bass and regular baritone Brad
      Hine was replaced for this performance by brother Clay of FRED and
      director of Atlanta Vocal Project. Clay is one of the most talented men in
      our Society. What a sound! and what a performance.

      Their program included several traditional Christmas hymns as well as some
      other medleys and songs.These charts had some truly beautiful arrangements
      many of which I had not heard. This quartet's perfect harmony and crowd
      appeal made them the hit of the festival.

      As a 55 year barbershopper, I was so proud that they chose to bill
      themselves as a Barbershop Quartet and members of the BHS.

      Thanks Zamboni Brothers and I hope you will return next year. I hope to
      see you at prelims in March, 2007.

      Dave Brennan
      Nashville, TN Chapter
      Baritone: "Times Gone Bye" 2006 Dixie Senior Quartet Champ
      Baritone: "South Winds" 1972 Dixie District Quartet Champ
    • Richard Word
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 2, 2006
        Thanks, Dave, for the excellent Zamboni plug!
        We are pretty darn proud that Zamboni Brothers are all members of
        Atlanta Vocal Project. We love 'em too! I'm afraid you won't be able
        to hear them at 2007 prelims though; their priorities are elsewhere
        than competing further together.
        But you CAN hear them this next Saturday (December 9th) doing an
        afternoon and evening performance for AVP's second annual Christmas
        Show, along with Sweet Adelines Region 23's recent Vegas
        representative, Song of Atlanta (and of course, Atlanta Vocal
        Project, singing more of Clay's cool Christmas charts). I guarantee
        you'll have a great time!
        For tickets, see our website at www.atlantavocalproject.com. Lot's
        of good seats are still available, and (honestly) we could use the
        dough to help get to Denver next summer. Heck, aside from that, we
        just want a great barbershop audience to sing to! Hope to see you
        there!
        In Harmony,
        Rick Word
        President, Atlanta Metro Chapter
        Home of the Atlanta Vocal Project
        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "David K. Brennan" <baridave@...>
        wrote:

        > I just returned home from a program here in Huntsville, AL called
        > Festival of Sacred Christmas Music. Groups featured on the
        program
        > included college choirs, an ensemble from the community chorus,
        solos,
        > ukelele band, violin, harp, etc. One of the ensembles was Voices
        of Lee
        > who sang at our international convention.
        >
        > The most musical and best received group, however, was the Zamboni
        > Brothers, the Dixie District Quartet Champion from a couple of
        years ago.
        > Lead Tim Reynolds of Riptide fame was flawless as usual and was
        > excellently accompanied by brother Allen Reynolds on tenor. Brian
        > Williams blended in with his warm, solid bass and regular baritone
        Brad
        > Hine was replaced for this performance by brother Clay of FRED and
        > director of Atlanta Vocal Project. Clay is one of the most
        talented men in
        > our Society. What a sound! and what a performance.
        >
        > Their program included several traditional Christmas hymns as well
        as some
        > other medleys and songs.These charts had some truly beautiful
        arrangements
        > many of which I had not heard. This quartet's perfect harmony and
        crowd
        > appeal made them the hit of the festival.
        >
        > As a 55 year barbershopper, I was so proud that they chose to bill
        > themselves as a Barbershop Quartet and members of the BHS.
        >
        > Thanks Zamboni Brothers and I hope you will return next year. I
        hope to
        > see you at prelims in March, 2007.
        >
        > Dave Brennan
        > Nashville, TN Chapter
        > Baritone: "Times Gone Bye" 2006 Dixie Senior Quartet Champ
        > Baritone: "South Winds" 1972 Dixie District Quartet Champ

      • Brad Hine
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 2, 2006
          David,

          Thanks for the props, and I am glad you liked the show. I have heard nothing but great things from everyone involved. As luck would have it, work reared it's ugly head and I wasn't able to make the trek with z-brothers. Luckily, help is only a phone call away to another brother to fill-in...thanks, Clay.

          I was really awe-struck to see the amount of work that the musical community of Huntsville, AL put into this. The production promoters really outdid themselves getting the word out to the public. You can bet if we are asked to return next year that we will be there.

          Brad Hine
          Atlanta Vocal Project
          Zamboni Brothers

          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 2, 2006